Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
1986 Travelmaster

I have a 86 travelmaster pampano . I cannot find out much about it. It is a 33' with a 454. I am looking for anyone who may have had one or knows where to find info on it. I do not see these anywhere and am also wondering if these RV's are any good in comparison to the more common 80's model rv's.
Robert331983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well they went out of the business in the late 90's. Made in Indiana I think. Looks like our Rockwood on the inside except switched left to right. What options does yours have?
PS the chassis is a P30 chevy
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
I hope to get pictures up soon but it will probably be a few weeks as I have it in storage in the next county. Mine has a walk through bathroom. It has the sink and stove against the wall and next to the door. It has the queen bed in back. The couch is behind drivers seat facing two chairs with a table and the dinette is across from sink and between the couch and a closet. I know as much as the Internet will tell me. I just am a little leery about a RV that is almost non existent
makes me wonder if the rest just were badly built and fell apart or maybe there just wasn't that many made. The best part of owning a vintage RV is the history and the enthusiast clubs. The Travelmaster definitely has neither of these lol.

P.s. Love the Rockwood and no mine does not look that sweet. Think more the TV show Breaking Bad style
Old 04-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
The industry went through a shake up in the late 90's and a quite a few builders went belly up. Both good and bad. The fact that you can't find any is good. People may have kept them or they cost so much only a few bought them. If you can get a list of options going that may help deciding if it was high end or not. Solid wood cabinets? Metal frame on the body? metal skin?
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't think this one is high end. it has fiberglass sides and aluminum top the fiberglass is not laminate. It is the kind that is bolted on to the wood dont know if the frame is aluminum or not. the cabinets are wood and laminate. the lower cabinates are laminate with real wood doors. the upper storage cabinates are all wood but the wood doesn't look like a nice hard wood , it looks cheaper. it has 2 ac units don't know the size. it has a onan generator. It has a pull down bed over drivers seat. standard 3 way appliances. I don't really know what options are premium and what are standard. I also dont know what all little gadgets and buttons mine has as I have not really messed with everything in detail. I do know it was the biggest and most expensive model travelmaster made for its year. retail was 45k in 1986.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Similar to this one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	924954.jpg
Views:	1211
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	61334  

Tags