Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2016, 09:40 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
1987 Beaver Marquis up for bid

FYI Crankyape.com has a Beaver up for bid. Current bid is at $2K. Has a bid diesel 10.2 liter. Says it has only 9k miles, but the seats look like many more miles.... Interior looks OK. They have a video of the engine running and many photos. Might make a great project for somebody..

CrankyApe.com - Powersport, RV and Marine Online Auctions
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdebarmore View Post
FYI Crankyape.com has a Beaver up for bid. Current bid is at $2K. Has a bid diesel 10.2 liter. Says it has only 9k miles, but the seats look like many more miles.... Interior looks OK. They have a video of the engine running and many photos. Might make a great project for somebody..

CrankyApe.com - Powersport, RV and Marine Online Auctions
It's now at $5575.00 Does anyone think this a deal besides me ?
Old 01-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #3

Bidding isn't over, so the selling price is currently unknown. 30 years old. Unknown actual mileage (you're right about the seats). Probably needs tires. And it's in Arizona. I wouldn't want to pay much more than it's current bid price.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #4

engine looks a little dirty for stated mileage, wonder what the cardboard at the top is about
Old 01-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #5

One photo shows cheeking on the fiberglass and milage and generator hour just don't make any sense to me.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:47 AM   #6

That beast is on a Gillig chassis and with 10 liter engine likely cat 3208 engine.

May or may not be turbocharged as one could get 3 different power levels from 225 to 300 hp if I recall correctly.

Our CC has same chassis at 300 HP.

The genny not firing is likely a cracked fuel line as it goes to top of tank between from rails and is pain to fix.

Great project unit as the brand is good as is the bones.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
That beast is on a Gillig chassis and with 10 liter engine likely cat 3208 engine.

May or may not be turbocharged as one could get 3 different power levels from 225 to 300 hp if I recall correctly.

Our CC has same chassis at 300 HP.

The genny not firing is likely a cracked fuel line as it goes to top of tank between from rails and is pain to fix.

Great project unit as the brand is good as is the bones.
That's what I thought too... even if it needs tires at $3K, and another $3-5K in other work, this would still be a great unit. This is if price stays low..It's already over $6K.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdebarmore View Post
That's what I thought too... even if it needs tires at $3K, and another $3-5K in other work, this would still be a great unit. This is if price stays low..It's already over $6K.
I don't know. . . . . it's awfully. . . . pink. I'd have to factor in the cost to remove all the pink from the rig, and that's a lot of pink.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
I don't know. . . . . it's awfully. . . . pink. I'd have to factor in the cost to remove all the pink from the rig, and that's a lot of pink.
think outside the box...get some tinted sunglasses at the dollar store and you can instantly redo the interior to your color of choice

I was wondering about the engine...figured 3208 also. My question was with the shifter pad..doesn't look like an allison so maybe a ZF?
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:46 PM   #10

No CAC so maybe 225 or 250 HP

LP generator

Not pink but corral...popular color then...Ours is too.

Allison transmission with pneumatic shifter.

Can crawl under and place in gear manually to disable starter.

Pneumatic throttle and cruise control and they leak...cruise does but easy to fix.

Overall it looks good...great entry DP

Tags
beaver