Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #1

Well, we got him home; after two tries;;;and there are some oooh's and ahhh's and some ewww's and a lot of head scratching. Hubby is of the bash it until it fits and if that don't work; duct tape it genre!!So it is his hands off and my hands on in the inside...So I am armed with lots of plastic gloves, furniture cleaner, restorer, renewer, polisher(lots of beautiful walnut cabinetry) and every kind of fabric, metal, leather, and vinyl cleaner known to man. But the nasty, used to be blue, tannish dirty gray headliner...Oh Lord...From everything I have read if I try to really clean it, it will either come loose or disintegrate...But it is so dirty...It is not on my AAA list of have to be done's; anybody have any successes on cleaning carpet headliners? I couldn't believe that the carpeting itself was in such really good shape; no stains, or tears or damage at all but dirty, dirty, dirty...This guy has sat in somebodies storage unit somewhere because it is that thick, thick, layered dust, that the more you clean the more you have to clean...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #2

Well, we got him home; after two tries;;;and there are some oooh's and ahhh's and some ewww's and a lot of head scratching. Hubby is of the bash it until it fits and if that don't work; duct tape it genre!!So it is his hands off and my hands on in the inside...So I am armed with lots of plastic gloves, furniture cleaner, restorer, renewer, polisher(lots of beautiful walnut cabinetry) and every kind of fabric, metal, leather, and vinyl cleaner known to man. But the nasty, used to be blue, tannish dirty gray headliner...Oh Lord...From everything I have read if I try to really clean it, it will either come loose or disintegrate...But it is so dirty...It is not on my AAA list of have to be done's; anybody have any successes on cleaning carpet headliners? I couldn't believe that the carpeting itself was in such really good shape; no stains, or tears or damage at all but dirty, dirty, dirty...This guy has sat in somebodies storage unit somewhere because it is that thick, thick, layered dust, that the more you clean the more you have to clean...

Old 03-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi there, I don't remember Ya and I see ya havn't made many posts so first off let me say welcome to IRV2.Com You have fall'in into the hand s of a bunch of rv crazy s that would rather spend 30000 on rebuilding a coach when we could buy a better one for the same money. Go figure, but I guess thats why they gave us our own forum site. They were afraid we might corrupt the rest of the forum.
I can't help you with that roof.I hope someone else will have that info for ya.Enjoy your treasure and post often, Capt.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Had any luck at all? How's it going?
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome ChiMom to irv2 and the Vintage forum.
Missed you the first time around the FIND block just above you has some ideas on how to clean your ceiling just type in -clean fabric ceiling- there are some answers there for you , take off the check mark. You can use Find for alot of answers you may need but don't be afraid to ask on some of the other forums someone will be able to help.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:15 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
A big bucket of Pinesol water and a sponge is your friend when cleaning old rigs. It took me several days to clean the 2 years of dirt off every surface in my camper when I got it. And then I still wound up needing to repaint the cabover (first paint job sucked).

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote