Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 AM   #1
1987 Winnebago lesharo!

Hi, I'm Graham, I just recently inherited a 1987 Winnebago lesharo. I have it road ready, now it's time to start on the exterior. And I have no idea what I'm doing. Can't figure out where to find parts or info. Need new windshield wiper arms, new headlight bulbs, new side door( latch, lock, and handle.) turn signal lights, brake lights. Etc. if anyone could help steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!!

grahamroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 01:40 AM   #2
If you contact Winnebago they should be able to get you parts, or part numbers at least.

Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:19 AM   #3
I'm doing a 1989 Winnebago Elandan. I find that many of the parts such as headlights, door handles, etc. come off of standard vehicles. The inside door handles are Jeep, the headlights are off of a Volvo truck, the side markers are off of a Chevy van, etc.

Winnebago is good about sending you their part numbers and construction drawings should you need them. Just contact them through customer service. Many of the parts manuals and wiring diagrams are available online at the Winnebago website.

Good luck with your restoration!
1989 Winnebago Elandan under "extreme" renovation
Renovation thread
DeOrellana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:58 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club

Good to see that you made it over here. Lets see some pictures of what your working with. Like DeOrellan said the RV manufacturers are famous for using off the shelf parts for a lot of common parts just because they are readily available. So if we see what areas you are having specific issues with a lot of times we can point you to places to find parts that are commonly available.

matthewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:54 PM   #5
LesharoRV • Knowledge Base Index
Have Flyrod Will Travel
87 Coachman Leprechaun
ischua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #6
I have a 1986 Winnebago and every time I think I'll have trouble finding a part, it ends up being something that's commonly available. I'm lucky in that I have a mom-and-pop type store here with really helpful and knowledgeable people (San Leandro RV And Trailer). Maybe there is someone in your area?
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #7
88 superchief

need help with cloth ceiling coming down around airconditioner and where roof leaked at right rear corner had bid for replace entire ceiling at 6k any ideas?
chillycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #8
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check out Mobility RV, Hanlonton, Ia. John is the service tech and a good guy.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #9
thanx for suggestion,,, be cool !!!
chillycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #10
Originally Posted by chillycool View Post
need help with cloth ceiling coming down around airconditioner and where roof leaked at right rear corner had bid for replace entire ceiling at 6k any ideas?
I replaced my ceiling with a plastic coated paneling from Elkhart, Indiana.
There are several salvage stores there that only sell RV materials.

Hershel77 is offline   Reply With Quote