Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
1988 16' Jayco travel trailer HELP

I am desperate for a diagram of the wiring in a basket case 1988 16' Jayco travel trailer. This is a complete rebuild and the wiring is there but not hooked up and I'm confused big time. Can anybody please help with a diagram for the 12 an 110 wiring? Thanks.

1989 mobile traveler 30' MH, 2002 honda valkyrie motorcycle toad,Grants Pass,Or
biker art is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2015, 01:39 AM   #2
This I know. (ALL) interior/exterior lights, light on/off switches, trailer turn/brake lights, sink pump and pump switch run off 12volt.

ALL electrical outlets are 110volt.

ALL of these wires are then run to a converter/inverter box where power is separated between 110v and 12v and need to be wired up according to their power needs.

The converter/inverter box's main cable is run to a breaker box that has a long 30amp cord which will plug into the campsite power terminal box.

Sorry, but you won't find any wiring diagrams for these trailers. It's a company secret it seems. If you can find someone that's electrically capable or maybe go to a dealer that makes/sells trailers to the public and see if someone would like to make some extra money, you're gonna need some good friends that know what they're doing to help.

Trust me, when it comes to camp trailers, it's learning what to repair/fix yourself or making friends with other local campers that can help to hold down many of the repair costs.

Lucky for me, all my Brother's in Law, Outlaws and myself are mechanically able and help each other out with all our 5th wheels and Pull Behinds. Altogether we have 6 we upkeep and repair, so we all get to enjoy our camping together without serious problems.

What one doesn't know or can't do, we call on another that can do and knows. Many times, we all learn just from jumping in and getting our hands dirty. So far, no trailers have caught fire or flooded from us working on them. We don't take short cuts, but if we see an improvement to be made, we aren't afraid to re-engineer something for the better.

Del & Jerre w/Isis our English Bull Terrier
The Cougar's Den
1984 Fleetwood Prowler "E"
JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:03 PM   #3
Thanks,I am still fooling around with it and did get the refer. working today off the battery next will be the interior lights. The wiring is there but disconnected. I'll do one wire at a time. I am doing everything from scratch. I bought a 12 v refer. and a sink,new pota potty(a good one), bath sink,stove an oven. I am making all the cabinets,insulated walls and insulated floor. I got the trailer for $250 with a working AC but nothing else. My 30' class A was too much.I didn't need that.
1989 mobile traveler 30' MH, 2002 honda valkyrie motorcycle toad,Grants Pass,Or
biker art is offline   Reply With Quote

jayco, travel, travel trailer