SPent the day working on the old girl. dropped the tank.. It was full! pumped it all out into buckets.
removed the fuel pump assembly and found the pump not working and could not blow through the tube so no way any fuel was getting through with the external pump.
cleaned it all up, was going to replace the whole assembly but no one in town had it, and i didnt want to wait until after the weekend to get a shipment.
Advance auto had the fuel pump in stock so i just replaced the pump after testing the sending unit and clearing the lines
Put the pump and tank back together and reinstalled after blowing out all the lines front to rear.
The external pump below the drivers area was also bad so that was replaced as well.
turn the key off/on a few times to verify both pumps were activating..THEY WERE!
put 10 gallons of gas in and activated the pumps a few times to prime the lines then tried the engine.. It sputtered a few times but finally fired up and idled great.
turned it off for 5 minutes and tried it again--Fired right up!
HAPPY CAMPER! still have to put the driveshaft back in before taking it for a joy ride...that is for another day... i am Beat!