Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Is your old Honey on a Ford or Chevy Chassis? You have done nicely! One of these day, I'm gonna rip into the inside of my old Honey and redo the back wall area... our generator was out when we got it, and we put a rack on the back for now and use a champion generator that plugs into the outside to run the AC on the road. We are in Kansas and have traveled mostly south and south west. Plan to go to Oregon in August... so we will need to use the same set up... but now I am thinking about how we will work all that with towing our jeep... hmmm.... Happy Travels!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2017, 10:11 PM   #44

It's on a ford 7.4 V8. The dash ac has been enough for us so far but we've only seen 82degrees. When we get to Utah then I'll really know how much ac we will need
Carlos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #45

Great job Carlos88!,
We have an almost same RV,, ours is an '89 and looks like I'll ripping walls like you. Bunk area has some water damage and on a few places the fibreglass has waves like it swelled up at some point. We will rip the whole top and sides off and re-skin the whole MT in bright aluminum diamond.
I'll be watching your project closely, mine we just been buying stuff for it, I now need to make a sheet metal bender!
You're doing a great job buddy!
Arca lui Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arca lui Noe View Post
Great job Carlos88!,

We have an almost same RV,, ours is an '89 and looks like I'll ripping walls like you. Bunk area has some water damage and on a few places the fibreglass has waves like it swelled up at some point. We will rip the whole top and sides off and re-skin the whole MT in bright aluminum diamond.

I'll be watching your project closely, mine we just been buying stuff for it, I now need to make a sheet metal bender!

You're doing a great job buddy!

Thank you. Im amazed you have a similar camper. I just checked into itasca state park and the lady asked for my license plate but I didn't know it but when I told her I was in a honey she said she didn't need it since I'll be the only honey out there and that she hadn't seen one in years.
Carlos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:20 PM   #47

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think folks see them more often out west... I've never seen another in my travels although I have friends who say they have seen them. We are the 3rd owners, last one had his grandkids repaint the strips on it... john Deet colors... not exactly the color scheme it came with as in the late 80's the fashion was the dusty pink, mint green and dusty blues... but... I'll probably see what I can do down the road. Mine doesn't have the bunk over cab feature... and a much smaller bathroom... I have one of those water closets where you squirt a bit of body wash on the side walls, turn 3 times one way, 3 times the other and rinse and you have cleaned, yourself, the shower, the toilet and the sink....LOL! One thing I'd like to do is figure out how to turn the water tank 90 degrees so it rides over the rear tire, and cut the bed corner down and provide a pull out to make it the regular size on one end (the end that holds the water tank) so we have more 'kitchen' space since we both participate in the cooking and doing dishes. Won't happen this year. Probably not next year either... but maybe in 2019! Maybe we will figure out how to stick a generator back inside under the back seat of the dinette too!

I sure do admire all the hard work you have put into your Honey. You have done awesome... let's hope the motor and all hold out for you to get good usage from it since you have put all that work into it already! (we already put a rebuilt motor in ours...One of the first things we ended up having to do, so we are in deep enough with ours... we will just use her until she dies I think! Gives me incentive to pretty her up since she will be mine for a long time...)