Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
1989 Country Coach SE Tank Capacities

Hi everyone,
my mate here in Australia imported a 1989 Country Coach SE which didin't have the Owner Manuals. To plan for a future trip he needs Diesel, Fresh Water, Grey Water and Black Water Tanks capacities.
Appreciate your help.
Regards
Rod
Rod33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
1989 country coach

Rod,
what size is this country coach SE. I have a 38' ltd and all the original manuals & sales models book for this year. I believe all the base 36' to 40' chasis builds were the same as far as capacities go. If this information will help you let me know. Tony
ccltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccltd View Post
Rod,
what size is this country coach SE. I have a 38' ltd and all the original manuals & sales models book for this year. I believe all the base 36' to 40' chasis builds were the same as far as capacities go. If this information will help you let me know. Tony
Thanks Tony,
it's 36Ft. Tank Capacity info would be fantastic thanks mate.

Also, I'm not sure if something was changed or removed during the Right Hand Drive conversion but the Vacuum Pump for the Dash Heater and Vent controls runs continuously. We're not sure if it runs an external Vacuum switch but the vacuum line runs from the pump to the accumulator bulb/bottle. Any info on this setup would be much appreciated.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:05 PM   #4

Pump runs when key on.

Should be gillig chassis with cat 3208 with different hp depending if with turbo or cac.

Fuel likely 150 gallon with 100 water 60 and 40 waste tanks maybe.

Had soft copies of lots of stuff downloaded from old pre bankrupt days but have no clue where it is.

Ours is savanna se, the Ltd is above ours with additional goodies.

Check out u tube as I seem to remember a couple years ago someone converted one for export that way and made detailed videos about how everything worked as an owners manual.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Pump runs when key on.

Should be gillig chassis with cat 3208 with different hp depending if with turbo or cac.

Fuel likely 150 gallon with 100 water 60 and 40 waste tanks maybe.

Had soft copies of lots of stuff downloaded from old pre bankrupt days but have no clue where it is.

Ours is savanna se, the Ltd is above ours with additional goodies.

Check out u tube as I seem to remember a couple years ago someone converted one for export that way and made detailed videos about how everything worked as an owners manual.
Thanks Tony,
Yes, it is a Gillig Chassis running a Non-Turbo 3208.

Are you saying the Vacuum Pump is supposed to run continuously when ignition or accessories is On?

I'll get my mate to search Youtube to see if he can find the videos.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:00 AM   #6

Hi Rod,

I recently contacted Country Coach for a brochure of a 97 unit and they responded immediately.

I used the contact form on their website: Contact | Country Coach Corporation

They also offered me to send a complete specs&build sheet for 25USD if I had the serial number available.

They seem to be very well organized and maybe will still have the data for your 89 available. Probably the best way to get the very original specs!

cheers,
Matt
Matt_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #7

Also note the large square connectors all over the place in the wiring.

Pain in the butt as some get intermittent.

Side note...power for fuel Guage comes from the battery in front for generator as does power for radio memory.

Somehow it gets into area above passenger seat to nest of circuit cards then regulated voltage is routed back to dash.

That one drove us nuts for a week or 2 then just made new connection under dash to wire going up...never found connection point to battery or the bad connection.

Point is these things have more wires and connections than an old analog phone switch and as such may have odd problems that require self barbershop action to fix.

Pulling out of one's hair...;-)
Old 10-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_RV View Post
Hi Rod,

I recently contacted Country Coach for a brochure of a 97 unit and they responded immediately.

I used the contact form on their website: Contact | Country Coach Corporation

They also offered me to send a complete specs&build sheet for 25USD if I had the serial number available.

They seem to be very well organized and maybe will still have the data for your 89 available. Probably the best way to get the very original specs!

cheers,
Matt
Thanks Matt,
I think he may have tried Country Coach before but I'll get him to use the link you provided.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Also note the large square connectors all over the place in the wiring.

Pain in the butt as some get intermittent.

Side note...power for fuel Guage comes from the battery in front for generator as does power for radio memory.

Somehow it gets into area above passenger seat to nest of circuit cards then regulated voltage is routed back to dash.

That one drove us nuts for a week or 2 then just made new connection under dash to wire going up...never found connection point to battery or the bad connection.

Point is these things have more wires and connections than an old analog phone switch and as such may have odd problems that require self barbershop action to fix.

Pulling out of one's hair...;-)
Hi Tony,
yes, he also found some strange wiring conventions with regards to Fuel Gauge and some other items. There are still some issues with Dash wiring but again, we're not sure if these were created during the Right Hand Drive conversion.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #10

Have not found any wiring diagrams but it is safe to assume wierd stuff due to intermittent connection.

Those connectors are amp brand and modular allowing size to vary.

Made in the day before dis - similar metals were known to create issues.

Know of one person who took them out by soldering each wire...lots of work.

Get practice with voltmeter and modified test leads that allow you to measure voltage drop across connections.

We have had a couple so far.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Have not found any wiring diagrams but it is safe to assume wierd stuff due to intermittent connection.

Those connectors are amp brand and modular allowing size to vary.

Made in the day before dis - similar metals were known to create issues.

Know of one person who took them out by soldering each wire...lots of work.

Get practice with voltmeter and modified test leads that allow you to measure voltage drop across connections.

We have had a couple so far.
Thanks Tony.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:11 PM   #12

These might be useful.
I downloaded them from the CC website back in 2008 before the old CC went bankrupt.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1989_SE.pdf (1.30 MB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf 1989_Country_Coach.pdf (2.15 MB, 71 views)
JohnFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFitz View Post
These might be useful.
I downloaded them from the CC website back in 2008 before the old CC went bankrupt.
You beauty, thanks John.

Tags
tank