Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
1990 👑Crown Royal - Fan Seal

I just acquired a 1990 Monaco 36' Crown Royal. We are super excited about the purchase. I have located a small leak in the Hydraulic Fan Seal. Do you know if their are parts available somewhere or a conversion kit i can purchase and have installed? I am very new to this game, any help will be much appreciated.

24horses is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
Inquire with a local hydraulic repair shop. They should be able to fix it. Its possibly made by sauer danfoss.

1994 Beaver Marquis Le 3176 Cat, Allison HT-740 4-sp,
Gillig chassis, 40' towing a 24' Pace Shadow GT with
1981 Cutlass tube chassis race car.
Cdnw30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #3
I have a 1989 Crown Royal 40 ft with the L-10 Cummins and 4 speed Allison trans. My outfit has twin hydraulic radiator fans and one of them would squeal on cols starts. I pulled the fan assembly and took the noisy one to a local hydraulic shop to repair. One week later they called and said it was a Webster unit and no parts available either. Of course they tore up the shaft seal when disassembling it. I finally found a speciaty shop in Salt Lake City, Peterson Hydraulics, it took them 3 months to track down a repair kit. No more fan noise, but costs abt $500 to rebuild. Hope this helps.
DADSDOGHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #4
Well...maybe not...

There are places that support "generic hydrolic" stuff.

We have such a place that has just about any seal possible.

We take our torn down whatever it was along with what is left of the seals and place them on the counter and the resident guy looks and measures then disappears into the rows of goodies to return with a hand full of seals.

Our bobcat blows bucket tilt cylinder seals and bobcat kit about 25 bucks...stuff for this place about 9 and they do not fail.

Call the farm and machinery service companies in your area and ask if there is a supply house in your area.

Ours is in a odd building on a back street with a tiny sign...yiu need to be told about it by an insider so to speak...

If you have such a place you may be good.
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is online now   Reply With Quote

fan, seal