Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #15
Vintage RV Owners Club
Just my two cents, but I had a friend who had a ford Pickup with the 460 V-8 and there was a pressure valve on the fuel line right beside the distributor and a return line connected right there too! His relief valve was letting the fuel pressure drop right off as the valve was defective! He had replaced the carb and fuel filters and fuel pump inside the tank. It like to made me drink before i finally figured it out,[ was interment], !!!!! I would go with fuel filters and check the fuel pump pressure and look for that valve,[ It had three lines coming into it and nothing electrical so only a fuel bypass but like I said was a real Pain as it was interment!! Good luck and let us know what you found, Dan

1991 Chevy Pickup
1994 5th wheel 30 foot trailer
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #16
hdtrain1450 OshKosh Chassis, is your coach an HMC by any chance? Just curious,

Jim & SherrySeward

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #17
Yes it is a 1990 Tidwell Siver Eagle 34 ft. on a John Deere/ Osh chasis with a Ford 460 w/ a carb and a 3 speed trans.
hdtrain1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #18
Know this is a little after the fact, but I have 27' 1991 Tioga Montara on the Ford Chassis with the 460 fuel injected. I've been fighting vapor lock this summer. Thought I had it whipped with new fuel pump and filter, but happened again this weekend. Definitely heat related, happened 3 times on the way home yesterday, ran great after cooling off some. Had run 250 miles before without problem, then ran 100 miles home last night after it got cooler. 2 fuel pumps on this model, one by motor and one in tank.Haven't replaced one in the tank. Doesn't make sense heat would effect it - it was only 80 degrees outside. The mount where the filter and pump are located was too hot to touch when it stopped. Only 60,000 miles, runs perfect otherwise. This one has me and the mechanic stumped. Any other ideas???

Mike Carr
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #19
Vapor lock, caused by heat, is only possible when the fuel pump in the tank is not pushing the fuel to the pump at the engine and the fuel line develops a vapor area as it passes by a source of high heat. The engine pump is probably the only one working. It can do fine alone as long as it's not too hot. I'll bet your problem will go away when you replace the pump in the tank. JMHO!

JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote