Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2014, 12:06 AM   #1

1990 Pace Arrow opportunity

I have an opportunity to acquire a 1990 Pace Arrow with a tag axle. It's been sitting for ~3yrs and requires significant repair for water intrusion but otherwise seems solid.

Can anybody confirm if the coach is framed with metal? If so I would have to replace a lot of wood and repair the fiberglass shell but that would make things much easier for me.

With 70k miles would it be worth restoring and if so what might it be worth today as it sits.

I'd appreciate any advice and thanks in advance; I'd hate to watch this beauty get parted out and scrapped.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Can anybody confirm if the coach is framed with metal? If so I would have to replace a lot of wood and repair the fiberglass shell but that would make things much easier for me.

With 70k miles would it be worth restoring and if so what might it be worth today as it sits.
Hi Aaron,

I can confirm that my 1994 Pace Arrow is framed in metal, not sure that helps though.

As far "worth restoring", my gut tells me no. Older MH's are a dime a dozen and I don't know of anything that makes a '90 PA special (i.e. Bon Jovi toured in it, mega kewl looking, etc...). I enjoy a good project but this sorta sounds like a poor return on investment (time and actual cash). I could imagine spending $20k on a restore but the MH will never be worth more than $12K (???) on the market.

Just an opinion though...
Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #3

Thank you FJNM, you answered my question perfectly. I've decided against it. It was basically a door knock deal anyway, he hadn't even posted it on CL yet.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Thank you FJNM, you answered my question perfectly. I've decided against it. It was basically a door knock deal anyway, he hadn't even posted it on CL yet.
I think you made the correct decision. Plenty of them out as already mentioned.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow