Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:40 PM   #1
1991 Fleetwood Pace arrow - Seat mounting

I have a 1991 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 34, on the Ford / Oshkosh chassis. It came to me as a project ("free" as in no cash for it, but traded a pop-up and it instantly needed $1800 worth of tires to get it off the land it was no longer welcome on >_<). It's needed a bunch of other work, most has been relatively sorted out.

One of the issues remaining is that there was no passenger seat / pedestal, just the driver. I picked up a pair of seats off ebay, and a seat pedestal off a surplus site (it was new, just cheaper than elsewhere I'd looked - it still has seatbelt mounts and can swivel). I didn't look closely enough, though, and the bolt pattern on the base is different than on the MH floor (the mh appears to be roughly the same 8x11 that the seat is, the base of the pedestal is 7x7)...

What's the best approach to fix this? I can try to find a salvage place that has an original seat pedestal, I can try to fit a steel plate (roughly 9x12) (that would use the factory bolt holes, through the chassis / frame) and bolt the pedestal to that, or I can use 12 x 3" plates as "adapters" to still get a steel-to-steel mounting point - the only real reason to try the last would be that I could pick up the steel I'd need from Home depot, no need to wait for shipping. Lastly, for either option, would 1/4" be strong enough? Or overkill?

Lastly, I'd like to turn the driver seat around, but the wheel gets in the way. Would a wheel disconnect be an option? I know they're "legal" so long as they lock the wheel on, but is it a _good_ solution? Or is there anything I'm not thinking of? I know I'd need to find another solution for controlling cruise control, and there's no airbag.

Sorry if any of this is hard to follow, I tend to overcomplicate things sometimes... And thanks in advance for any help or guidance!!

davidv851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
Dave.. I weld things in my shop and if it were my project to move forward.. I might make a base plate that fits the RV bolt pattern...and weld it to the bottom of the chair you have bought
Craig Gosselin
1994 Fleetwood 33H
1995 Fleetwood 30H (parts vehicle)
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote

ace, fleetwood, pace arrow