Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #1

1992 Thor Pinnacle 300Q

Hello: I am looking for an owners manual for this unit. It was built in the West, and Indiana says they have not information on anything that was built from that plant. Does anybody have a PDF file to share with me? Thanks in advance.

Johnboy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #2

That was our first RV payback then. There's not much to know, other then it's nothing but a delivery van covered with plastic. Yours has a 454 like mine did. The first thing I would do is pull out the manifold and replace it before it cracks. All of them did.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #3

I haven't got it home yet, but one of the first things I am going to do is go over it with a fine tooth comb. I am going to be the second owner. This thing was well taken care of, and sounds super healthy. Thanks for the heads up, and will put that on the checklist. Exhaust, or intake?
Old 01-14-2015, 08:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
That was our first RV payback then. There's not much to know, other then it's nothing but a delivery van covered with plastic. Yours has a 454 like mine did. The first thing I would do is pull out the manifold and replace it before it cracks. All of them did.
Payback???
Covered with plastic???

Please provide documentation regarding all manifolds cracking. And please specify which manifold: intake, L exhaust, R exhaust, water distribution?????
Old 01-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINOPOWER1 View Post
I haven't got it home yet, but one of the first things I am going to do is go over it with a fine tooth comb. I am going to be the second owner. This thing was well taken care of, and sounds super healthy. Thanks for the heads up, and will put that on the checklist. Exhaust, or intake?
Congrats on the new coach!
You may be able to find an owner's manual online. Even a generic MH manual from another mfg with a similar model & year could be helpful. The P30/P32 manuals can be found online to cover the chassis. The coach systems are all pretty generic.
Some of the original owner's info was included when I purchased my '85 Sun Stream a couple months ago; individual documents covering coach components (fridge, water heater, stove, generator, etc.).
You may need to collect all the mfg info from individual components and see if you can source documentation from those mfg.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CV23 View Post
Congrats on the new coach!
You may be able to find an owner's manual online. Even a generic MH manual from another mfg with a similar model & year could be helpful. The P30/P32 manuals can be found online to cover the chassis. The coach systems are all pretty generic.
Some of the original owner's info was included when I purchased my '85 Sun Stream a couple months ago; individual documents covering coach components (fridge, water heater, stove, generator, etc.).
You may need to collect all the mfg info from individual components and see if you can source documentation from those mfg.
There we go, some positive feedback. I figured as much with the appliances.
Chassis is really what I need. Thanks. that gives me direction. All the rest is pretty much generic.
Thanks for the congrats.
The drive train is my main concern, as that is what gets you from point a to point b. gear ratio, wish I knew if anything had been done to the tranny, and if anything has been done to the engine? Sure sounds and runs great.
RHINOPOWER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:13 PM   #7

Change the oil, oil & air filters, check the coolant, trans fluid and power steering fluid levels & condition, inspect the belts, make sure there aren't any large leaks, ensure the tires are properly inflated ... then drive it like you stole it. As long as it goes 'vroom vroom' when you hit the gas (twice), and stops when you hit the brakes (assuming you're moving), you're off to a good start.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #8

I'm pretty picky when it comes to maintenance.
Got the call this morning, and new windshield is on the way, and delivery of the coach should be Sat, or Mon.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #9

The manifolds that were referred to are both exhaust manifolds. The right side seemed to crack more often on both "P" chassis motorhomes I had. You might want to check if "Ring" manifolds are still available. These manifolds are in 2 pieces with a joint with 2 steel rings to seal . If the Ring manifolds are not available, stock manifolds can be used. If yours have not cracked and are leaking at the cylinder heads, composition gaskets are a temporary fix. I have found that the manifolds need to be checked for flatness, if not true a machine shop can straighten them . If the webbing between the ports is still intact, I have cut the webbing with a cut off saw to allow flexing when heated. New manifolds already have the webbing cut for this reason.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #10

Hopefully the original owner has already been there done that. I did not hear any exhaust leaks, but will definitely check it out. Maybe I can use that as an excuse to drop a Banks system in if I have issues.......HAHHAHAA
Old 01-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #11

Well my new to me coach is home and snuggled up on the side of the house, and as I was going through everything, lo and behold, the previous owner, had saved anything and everything pertaining to this coach. That was a relief.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #12

New Upgrades.
1. New Norcold NX841 8.0 cu. ft. fridge
2. 3000 watt sine wave go power invert
3. 80 amp Progressive Dynamics smart charger with Wizard
4. Replaced lounge chair with cabinet(booze) and added 32 inch LCD
5. Tailgator mount, with Tailgator.

So far so good on all the upgrades.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #13

If you are still interested in finding chassis service manuals for your motorhome, I have official 1995 P chassis service manuals. They are broken down into 2 volumes. The GM P chassis didn't change all that much in the early to mid 90's. The biggest change was to throttle body injection in the early 90's, If interested, please contact me through this site.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredV View Post
If you are still interested in finding chassis service manuals for your motorhome, I have official 1995 P chassis service manuals. They are broken down into 2 volumes. The GM P chassis didn't change all that much in the early to mid 90's. The biggest change was to throttle body injection in the early 90's, If interested, please contact me through this site.
Thanks Fred, but we found all the manuals hiding in a cabinet.

Tags
thor