Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2016, 03:56 AM   #15

Good to hear that you're getting them sorted.

I suspect that all of the control arms for all the P30s are the same, but the ball joint and control arm shaft are different. The ball joint is riveted to the control arm and therefore the control arms are listed as being different.

Please ask your mechanic if this is the case. I might need one too, and I think others would like to know as well.
DeOrellana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 04:48 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I talked to the garage yesterday afternoon.Sounds like they just finished installing new ball joints on the new arms and were to put her on the rack for the alignment today .Hope to hear from them around noon saying she is good to go.I will ask about the arms and ball joint setup.I don't know if they just removed the smaller ball joints and put larger ones on or if they used entirely different arms and put the right ball joints on.I know the garage is not entirely an rv place but they do work on them and also heavy trucks.I am pretty sure this a learning experience for the both of us.When it comes to getting new parts for older model machines the demand gets smaller every year and thus manufacturing new parts isn't always profitable. I will be dam sure when I get her back that she get's lubed on a very regular basis.
bidderwins19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
$1500 and a week of waiting.New upper control arms front wheel bearings packed front end alignment.The new upper control arms came with ball joints that were too small.Had to order the correct ball joints and install them on the new arms.On our shakedown cruise from lake Huron to Lake Michigan the altenator froze up and broke the 6 rib belt.I was able to still drive the last 100 miles with the generator running and one belt still turning the water pump.$180. for a duralast gold 105 amp alt. and a dayco belt from autozone.Ordered on mon. got it the next morning.Getting ready for a trip the the U.P. in a week or 2 now.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #18

Glad you got it all sorted Buddy and hope the next trip is a good one.
kennyrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:26 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm happy to see at least one other Coronado owner on here. I have a 1992, and it has a punch card too. I'm waiting on a new refrigerator, then a left front air bag. Good luck with yours. I looked at multiple varieties of Class A units, and went with the Coronado. The previous owner had installed a lot of nice options on it, and while it needs some TLC, it will be a good unit for me for the next 3 years or so. Here is mine on the "Shake Down/Break Down" cruise. My fear factor only allowed for a 400 mile round trip, and I survived. I'm following your adventure from out west. Keep Smiling, and carry a notepad to write down your thoughts as you go.
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coro7.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	131649  
Railhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:45 AM   #20

U can get all the front end parts from Super Steer, they have parts you can't get any where else
okie mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:41 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good to hear from another Coronado owner.I just changed the oil and greased everything.I am getting a lincoln air powered grease gun today to make the lube easier.I need three hands sometimes when doing the lube and this will make things a bit easier and quicker.I am looking at maybe replacing my air bags also just because i believe there are a few mount pieces missing.My bags want to partially slide through the opening on the lower a arm and slant.I think there is a couple seats that go on the top and bottom that prevents this.I'll look further and then make a decision.We were planning on a trip west but still not comfortable with traveling such a long distance.So this year it looks like some trips to the upper peninsula of michigan.Were in the middle of the lower part so not too awfully far.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Concerning front seat belts.

I have a question concerning driver and passenger seat belts.In my motorhome the driver and passenger seats only have lap belts. They are original to the vehicle. Is this legal or should I worry?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Only a short trip due to family illness

We weren't able to take a trip to the U.P. this year due to my daughter getting sick. All is o.k. now so I got the Coronado winterized and trying to get rid of mice etc. On the one trip we took across the state we broke an altenator belt due to the bearings in the altenator failing.It was weird because I was able to recover the belt which broke in 2 pieces. I was able to drive 100 miles with out the belt. I don't know if running the generator kept me going or not but that's what I did. I figured I would turn on the genny to see if it would supply a charge to my batteries while trying to finish the last 100 miles. The water pump still had a belt so I gave it a try and alls well that ends well.When I replaced the belt the new belt was a lot longer than the old one but it fit perfectly. Before a trip come spring I hope to replace the remaining belts and see if I can find the leak in my front air bags.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidderwins19 View Post
I have a question concerning driver and passenger seat belts.In my motorhome the driver and passenger seats only have lap belts. They are original to the vehicle. Is this legal or should I worry?
lap belts are standard and legal. Just replace your front airbags, it is not too bad of a job (and inexpensive).
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #25

Be sure you received the correct ball joints. I had a 1995 Chevrolet motorhome chassis with 4 wheel disc brakes, and a local shop was able to install the smaller ball joints for the rear drum brake chassis. The information is from my successful claim that resulted in a complete front end rebuild, including spindles, from damage caused by the incorrect and smaller taper ball joints.

From Moog catalog:

Lower Ball Joint
FRONT SUSPENSION
w/FT DISC/RR DRUM ENHANCED DESIGN
K6129T
90-97

Lower Ball Joint
FRONT SUSPENSION
w/4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES ENHANCED DESIGN
STEP VAN
K6175T
90-97

Lower Ball Joint
FRONT SUSPENSION
w/4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES
MOTOR HOME CHASSIS
K6511
90-97

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidderwins19 View Post
Great information and help here.The Hollander site is a definate save to favorites site.I talked to the mechanics today and said the control arms they got just had too small of a ball joint and that the ball joints I need were coming in today.With any luck I will get it back by friday.The place I have it at are quite reputable and been doing a lot of heavy trucks and equipment for a lot of years.They have a good reputation and should know their way around proper parts to use. So I beleive the control arms they got were the same as mine with the exception that the ball joint was undersized.I also did a lot of searching scrap yards and filled out a few request forms. One was from junkyard dog.com and I got a few replies from them and then I sent one to colaws rv in mo. which is a scrap yard also and they replied they had parts also. So now I will see what happens if all goes well the I'll be happy.In the process of doing all the looking for parts I came up with a lot of different places to look for used and salvage also.I will reply again when I hear from the mechanics and post the outcome .Thanks,I love this site.Lot's of good people here and a great place to put the mind on autopilot and go out to lunch dreamin of the open road.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:46 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My air bags don't look too old although they aren't seated correctly.The bottoms of the bags outer edge of each one have slid a bit out of the bottom hole.The air fittings aren't pinched but I don't like the position of them.I have watched a lot of videos on replacing them so I don't have a problem doing it. I'llput it on my to do list come spring.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:50 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
Be sure you received the correct ball joints. I had a 1995 Chevrolet motorhome chassis with 4 wheel disc brakes, and a local shop was able to install the smaller ball joints for the rear drum brake chassis. The information is from my successful claim that resulted in a complete front end rebuild, including spindles, from damage caused by the incorrect and smaller taper ball joints.

From Moog catalog:

Lower Ball Joint
FRONT SUSPENSION
w/FT DISC/RR DRUM ENHANCED DESIGN
K6129T
90-97

Lower Ball Joint
FRONT SUSPENSION
w/4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES ENHANCED DESIGN
STEP VAN
K6175T
90-97

Lower Ball Joint
FRONT SUSPENSION
w/4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES
MOTOR HOME CHASSIS
K6511
90-97
I am fairly sure the ball boints are correct but to be safe is there a way I can tell by looking? I will look up my receipt to check the part numbers. I think they were Moog but I won't know for sure till I check the receipt.Thanks George.

Tags
fleetwood, chassis, p30