Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
2nd maiden voyage

I know that sounds like a contradiction of terms, but …

We are on the maiden voyage with a new motor in my baby. She purrs like a kitten. Engine is running MUCH cooler than it had in the past.

We were able to tend to some volunteer work and then chill out for awhile. We will head home tomorrow. Because I've read a lot on the forums, and because we were breaking in the new motor, we took a state highway instead of the interstate about 2/3 of the way. After that, we would have gone way out of our way.

The RV park isn't quite as relaxing as previous ones we've stayed in. But we had time to set up in daylight & DH showed me how it all hooks up. Good to know. We head home tomorrow.
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I spoke too soon. Stopped to get out & walk around. There is dome problem with the battery getting charge to where we can start. I think it is between battery & coach because we show 13 V on Aux battery, but momentary boost yields no results. Main battery shows zero. Getting a jump never changed main battery off zero. So, we sit & wait while GS dispatches a mechanic to see about a fix. They did warn us getting parts on Sunday could be a problem,

I'm feeling discouraged. 3 trips in RV = 3 breakdowns.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #3

Breakdowns happen don't get discouraged maybe your getting through them up front. If you can get to them check the wires on the alternator. I had the same problem a couple months ago. If you have jumper cables with you try running one from your house batteries to your start battery with your generator running if it will start leave it hooked up and drive home with the generator running.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Loose starter with bolt missing from hot lead. Mechanic dispatched by GS. Back on the road. Then we lost AC belt. I think the mechanic who put everything back together with the new motor is NOT going to be happy!

Tags
voyage