Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:26 AM   #15

Replaced one for my dad in a Bounder. He wondered why the shops get extra money to work on motor homes. EVERYTHING is hard to reach and difficult.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #16

my hardest part of this post is to look above and i never got a reply from the man jimelliot i will see you again in the future

Old 11-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My Pace Arrow had sit for many years and antifreeze looked great. I drove it home and just the other day when repairing some wiring under the front I noticed the waterpump was seeping. Seals finally gave way. Its going to be fun changing but I wonder what caused it to leak. Seals should be the ceramic type and normally won't just fail unless bearings are really worn. There is absolutely no play in the WP shaft. I'll change it out with a rebuilt one. I have the one off my old Winnebago which was a new one installed by the previous owner with very low miles that I'll keep as a spare. I'd install it but I'm hesitant due to the length of time it sat dry! I'm going to replace all hoses/belts etc when I swap it out anyways.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #18

to get to mine i had to pull the cross member to access. mine didnt leak but the fan was ready to come off
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #19

Posted by a forum moderator 11/7/2011:

It is with great sadness, we announce the passing of www.iRV2 member

Jim "jim83itaska" Elliott
from La Quinta, California
on November 5, 2011

more information on jim83itaska will be posted

Our thoughts and prayers go to Jim's family and friends in California and across the nation during this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
my hardest part of this post is to look above and i never got a reply from the man jimelliot i will see you again in the future
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #20

thanks george i never met him but i could call him he died of strange 4 lung cancer i could not figure why no response till nov.5 ill miss you jim elliot
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 AM   #21

sorry for spelling dont know how to edit. should be "stage 4" he passed early november. he did get one last rv trip. jim save my a good spot beside your rig

Tags
water