Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #1

Hi Newbi here with a coulple questions? I just was givin a 1974 Coachman Cadet 19 1/2, that is in need of some work. What needs to be done is the floor needs to be relaced,well half the floor, mainly when you walk in the door about four feet is saggy, so I am looking for advise on that.
Also This is going to be for our lake lot and will mainly be there year round. So i really do not need a bathroom in it.I would love to redesign the layout of the camper, also i do not need the sink or stove but would like to keep the furnace and all the electrical to hook up to a generator.
I do not need any of the water system really at all? So i am going to take out all the water tanks and piping((FREE FOR THE HAULING BY THE WAY))
So if there is anyone that has some advise or has redesigned the layout of there own camper, I would really love to hear what you have done and what advise that you can give me. Thanbks in advance ,,
Scott

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #2

Hi Newbi here with a coulple questions? I just was givin a 1974 Coachman Cadet 19 1/2, that is in need of some work. What needs to be done is the floor needs to be relaced,well half the floor, mainly when you walk in the door about four feet is saggy, so I am looking for advise on that.
Also This is going to be for our lake lot and will mainly be there year round. So i really do not need a bathroom in it.I would love to redesign the layout of the camper, also i do not need the sink or stove but would like to keep the furnace and all the electrical to hook up to a generator.
I do not need any of the water system really at all? So i am going to take out all the water tanks and piping((FREE FOR THE HAULING BY THE WAY))
So if there is anyone that has some advise or has redesigned the layout of there own camper, I would really love to hear what you have done and what advise that you can give me. Thanbks in advance ,,
Scott

Old 07-21-2006, 04:34 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome BearDown to irv2 and the Vintage Forum.
If you look thru some past posts in this forum you will see some really good rebuilds of pop-ups and TT's by people that can take pride in what they have accomplished. You can gut the RV but you may never know when you will get the ichey feet to pull out and move on to some better location or just seeing this big country of ours. If you rebuild with this in mind you will be set to go. I had 7 TT in a campground and that was enough, you couldn't take the wheels from me now. Good luck which ever your choice enjoy the forums and post some pics on your rebuild.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
do you have any pics of this trailer? I jsut got the same kind you have and they took out I think one side and table in the back so I dont know what it looked like in the first place and I cant find any pics of this one, got a big soft floor that I think I just have to replace but need to see what it originally looked like, Chris
Old 04-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
I want to see what it looks like before you redisign, I just got the same model and I need to see what the inside of it really is supposed to look like , there arent many of the 74 cadet models around anymore, you have the first one I have found since finding mine, can you take some pics before you take all that stuff out please, I am trying to restore this one, and yea I got that bad floor problem in mine and not sure how to go about fixing it either