Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #1

Unhappy 76 dodge minnie winnie fan belt size

I need to find out what size fan belt to get for my 76 dodge minnie winnie? If anyone can help many thank!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucinda View Post
I need to find out what size fan belt to get for my 76 dodge minnie winnie? If anyone can help many thank!!
The auto parts stores have the correct belts. Ask them for the belt that you need. State that you have a 76 Dodge one-ton van, with or without A/C, power steering, etc. and they will be able to help you out. Most of the young counter people have no idea what a Minnie Winnie is, so keep that part to yourself.
J

Old 11-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
What engine does it have? V8 5.9L 360?

Does it have power Steering? Smog Air pump?

Once ya know what model engine you have, simply go in and ask for a fan belt based on a Dodge one-ton Van Chassis with whatever model engine you have.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #4

Actually this is real easy to do yourself.
Go to the Gates website (Industrial & Auto Replacement Parts: Find Gates Belts, Hoses, Hydraulics & more)
Select Passenger Cars/Light Trucks, 1976, Dodge, MB Series Van, and engine size. Only had 400 and 440 and it is most likely a 440. There you will find all the belts and hoses for your rig. Write them down for furture reference. THey can easily be cross-referenced to another brand if need be.

Almost all Dodge based Class "C" RV's were based on a MB300 chassis.

Regular vans used a B100, B200, or B300 classification not the MB series used for the RV chassis. Sometimes it can matter when your looking for parts.

Dave
Old 11-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78Chief View Post
Actually this is real easy to do yourself.
Go to the Gates website (Industrial & Auto Replacement Parts: Find Gates Belts, Hoses, Hydraulics & more)
Select Passenger Cars/Light Trucks, 1976, Dodge, MB Series Van, and engine size. Only had 400 and 440 and it is most likely a 440. There you will find all the belts and hoses for your rig. Write them down for furture reference. THey can easily be cross-referenced to another brand if need be.

Almost all Dodge based Class "C" RV's were based on a MB300 chassis.

Regular vans used a B100, B200, or B300 classification not the MB series used for the RV chassis. Sometimes it can matter when your looking for parts.

Dave
Was the MB300 the one that was also well known as the Dodge "Sportsman" chassis?

What I always found interesting about some of those old Dodge van chassis Motorhomes is that they had dually rims on the rear, but stock van rims on the front.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #6

To the best of my knowledge, the Sportsman series was just associated with the B series vans (http://www.allpar.com/trucks/b-vans.html), not the MB series. MB Series had the dually rear wheel

Dave
Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, the Sportsman series was just associated with the B series vans (http://www.allpar.com/trucks/b-vans.html), not the MB series. MB Series had the dually rear wheels.

Dave
Reason I ask, is I've come across several old 70s motorhomes that used the sportsman chassis name on them. They had dually rear ends, but not dually setup front ends.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #8

I am not sure about the name issue but the chassis ID (VIN) can create problems for parts procurement. Here is an example of a manual for these chassis:
http://pix.faxonautolit.com/1976Plym...gerORM-TOC.jpg

The B series was the typical passenger model.
The CB series was commericial trucks
The MB series was motorhome.
I do not know what the PB series was used for.

Dave
Old 11-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #9

Just take the belt off and haul it into the store. We took our broken fan belt into Auto Zone and they actually had one in stock. Which was great since we had broke down and were parked at a Tractor Supply Store. They asked what size engine we had. Couldn't care less if it was in a motorhome. In my case, our Class C is on a GMC G3500 Vandura chassis. That is what I tell them. Then they usually ask if it is a V-6 or V-8. That is the nice thing abut a Class C.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I am not sure about the name issue but the chassis ID (VIN) can create problems for parts procurement. Here is an example of a manual for these chassis:
http://pix.faxonautolit.com/1976Plym...gerORM-TOC.jpg

The B series was the typical passenger model.
The CB series was commericial trucks
The MB series was motorhome.
I do not know what the PB series was used for.

Dave
Here's an example using Ambergotlost's Minnie Winnie.

Same setup, non-dually front end, dually rear, but had the Sportsman name on the doors.

I believe PB stood for the Plymouth branded Vans.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #11

My best guess for the branding is:

The B-Series (passenger window van with seats, single rear wheel) and MB Series (Motorhome cut-away, dual rear wheel) chassis carried the Sportsman branding. Both were oriented towards the consumer market (passenger/recreational use).

The CB series (commercial cargo van, single rear wheel) chassis carried the Tradsman branding (a basic work van)

Based on information at allpar (Dodge Spacevan / Telecom Van (Commer PA and PB vans, Dodge K-series)), the PB series was a european model commercial van. For part of it's life it went by the branding of Spacevan. Initially, these were sold under the Mfg name of Commer and Fargo until 1976 when it was changed to Dodge.

Dave
Old 12-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #12

Thanks everyone got what I needed. This is a start of a long job ahead. This baby needs some interior work more than mechanical. Realy thanks!!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #13

The chassis on this 76 dodge winebago minnie winnie 20 RG is MBH and it is a 360
Old 12-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Same as my previous Class C, good engine, verything is very basic and simple. Parts are cheap also.
J