Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #1

81 Itasca class A 26 foot revamp

Great forum first and foremost . Im in vancouver Bc Im reworking a motorhome Ive had for about 9 years now the powertrain is all new the rv has about 60k miles on it since new its a suncruiser 454 headers Rv cam shaved heads alum intake heavy duty rad turbo 400 new with shift kit and furnaced brazed convertor so the running gear is all good I used to pull my 10000 lb race car trailer with this I'm a weldor fabricator so I upgraded the hitch and rear frame to handle that weight but no longer use the Rv for this . Its mainly just a campin vehicle now . My goal was to turn the Rv into a toy hauler for the Dirt bikes I have 3 one i carry on the back the other two inside the wife and daughters . Ive removed the chairs and tables on the passenger side behind the seat to make room for them replaced the whole floor with the black vinyl checker plate that Ive seen used in toy hauler trailers . the fridge hot water tank water pump and roof air are all new etc.. . My question are eliminating the annoying squeaks and noises driving down the road I had two major ones I fixed they are the metal strips under the plastic mouldings all the screws were loose or stripped that fixed about half the noise but there are still some annoying squeaks and bangs coming from various places Im sure there are some metal strips that I havent attacked yet but is there anything under the chassis to the body I should look for? also my wall paper i guess its called the white stuff that glues to the roof has sagged in some spots the paper is still good is there a best way to fix this ? I would like to replace the window blinds with something more current I feel they are original they all work fine but would make the Rv a bit nicer inside with something more modern any suggetions they roll from the bottom up Im sure someone can chime in on what style they are ? and for what may work they are attached at the top by what looks like a 2x1.25" piece of what looks like a small 2x4 I will post pics if this will help . Ive fixed all the cup board doors so they are tight the bathroom door moves around a bit that is one of the noises in this rv bathroom is in the very back . your thoughts and comments appreciated thanks Dan .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Dan to the Vintage Forum and irv2. We have some good people here to help you out.
Hope you can move about the forum with all the rebuild you have ahead enjoy and someone I'm sure will help you out soon.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dan in rereading your post there may be some answers for you in many of the fix topics stickies, some of them rebuilds make a person envious of the talent on this forum.
Dusty's rebuild and Redneck complete list may help you out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #4

I will post some pics as I do the updates im refinishing all the upholstery now got a wicked deal on 20 yards of black vinyl got the one bed seat cushions done will get the main bed done soon and the end caps for cup boards etc..
I have a question if someone can answer me pls how can i remove the end caps on the cupboards they are upholsterd and not sure how they are fastend from the factory if you have to remove the inside panel in the cover to access it somehow if anyone has some insight it would be much appreciated . Ps if you think you ever have a header leak and cant find it it could be the intake manifold xover exhaust cover that goes to the carburetor and also replace the platic Ts for the heater hoses with metal ones . Its starting to look really good inside now