Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #15

Really looks good
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Yes yes yes ... Love it!
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #17

A helpful idea for the wallpaper......if you can get ahold of a garment steamer, I found that it made removing the wall paper much, much easier. We remodeled each area (ei. Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, etc) with exception of the floor. If I had it to do again I would start on the top and work my way down. Gut it, seal the roof, seal the windows, ceiling, walls, cabinets, floors, etc. My in-laws took our advise and their remodel has went a little bit quicker.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Read with interest your remodel project for your 84 chieftan. I just bought an 85 33' chieftain. I am wondering if you have an owner's manual for the control panel above the stove? I have just about every manual with the exception of that one. I am thinking you probably have the same one as me. Mine has the control panel for 3 holding tanks. It seems to work OK but I can't seem to get the clock time to set. If you have something or know how to set it, I'd appreciate any help you could give. Good luck with your make over. Sounds like a lot of work but an enjoyable experience. Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BHS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G.
I am wondering if you have an owner's manual for the control panel above the stove?
If he doesn't I think I do. I will check and get back to you.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
If he doesn't I think I do. I will check and get back to you.
It is on page 96 of the Winnebago Operators Manual. There isn't much description, but here it is:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cheiftain Owners Manual Pg 96.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	430.1 KB
ID:	21159
Old 05-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I just checked my Operator's Manual and there are only 57 pages. Is there another manual that I'm missing? I must be. Is there a pdf version of it somewhere? Thanks for your help.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G. View Post
I just checked my Operator's Manual and there are only 57 pages. Is there another manual that I'm missing? I must be. Is there a pdf version of it somewhere? Thanks for your help.
I think mine had over 100 pages, but I think I also have two different manuals for the motorhome itself. I will check again, but I may not be able to get in there to check till Thursday or Friday.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater
I think mine had over 100 pages, but I think I also have two different manuals for the motorhome itself. I will check again, but I may not be able to get in there to check till Thursday or Friday.
I only have one Winnebago manual and it is 117pgs. Unfortunately I don't have a easy way to convert that many pages to a PDF. I see if I can think of something though.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #24

lehttp://users.sisna.com/cebula/P-Chassis-AlignmentProcess.pdfwww.irv2.com/forums/f65/84-chieftain-adventures-in-remodeling-an-old-rv-123693-2.html#post1181924t my daugter get in to my external hard drive il try bit that is iffie
Old 05-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #25

i have more but i cant copy and pastes expect a PM if my daugter cant she does not live here she is college worse comes to ... ill give you a address
Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #26

Hello again,

Wouldn't you know it? Just when you get excited about a project, your work sends you off on business for a week and then you get sick!
First off, thanks to all who have kept my thread alive. Thank you to those who have stepped up after I offered to share my manuals only to then fall off the face of the earth for over two weeks.

In the mean time, I got the old lady to pass smog. It took a lot of work, including taking the fuel tank out twice to find all the pressure leaks. She's now moved into the storage yard so the work can begin. Once I have stripped out the interior, I will post soe new pictures of what'll be our blank canvas.

After reading Winnebeater's post about the chairs and upholstery thereof, my wife put out a mandate that we replace the chairs, cushions and mattresses. I'm so glad that she's on board with all this.

Not much of an update, but progress has been made, now if I can keep from getting sick, we'll be in great shape to move forward.

Cheers!
The_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like you are having fun! I am wondering if you have a manual for the control panel just above the stove top range? I'm sure it's like the one in mine. I don't have the manual and was wondering if you had one for it. If so, I'd love a pdf of it. Otherwise, I think I have manual for everything else. I get so many compliments from my old chieftian. No one believes it's an 85. Mine is in real nice condition. I won't be remodeling anytime soon. We might after we live in it a year and decide if we want to keep it or upgrade. So far, it's a jewel. Will take our maiden voyage out to the Oregon coast next weekend. My fingers are crossed, but I have spent hours going over all systems and detailing it. Loving it. Thanks for your nice post and best to you in your remodeling project.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #28

I just looked through the pile of manuals I have in the house but no such luck. I am going to the RV this afternoon and I'll look through the paperwork that is still inside it. I will let you know if I find anything.
The_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote