Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for any effort on my behalf.

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BHS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #30

Operators Manual

I did a search online and found a list of all the Winnebago Operator Manuals for every year. He is a link to that site: WINNEBAGO INDUSTRIES OWNERS MANUALS

It shows the part # for a 1985 Winnebago and Itasca motor homes as 054185-22-000. I have finally got mine scanned and will email it to anyone that wants it. Mine is a 054185-20-000 which is for 1984 Winnebago and Itasca motor homes.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
I have finally got mine scanned and will email it to anyone that wants it.
Unfortunately I can not email the file because it is 120+MB's. I tried to compress the file down with no success, so I re-scanned it using gray scale and a much lower resolution and still ended up with a file size of 28MB's which is still too large to email. Sorry guys, I tried.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Split it up into less than 20meg zips.. Or, post it up on Dropbox or Skydrive and email them the link..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Split it up into less than 20meg zips.. Or, post it up on Dropbox or Skydrive and email them the link..
Thanks for the advice! I was able to get the file down to 24MB's by compressing it into a zip file. So, if anybody needs the operators manual for a 1984 Winnebago (same manual for all Winnebago's in 1984) PM me with your email and I will send you the file.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #34

Hi All,

Quicky update:

I got the generator running, all it needed was a clean fuel filter and enough gas in the tank, score! All the 115 VAC stuff works, the batteries charge the 12 Volt stuff all works, no issues on the electrical front, another big score for The Dutchman.
In the mean time, the blinds are all out, the valances are out, the door paneling is gone, rotting and nasty screens are gone so gutting it out is well underway now.
I plan on posting pics of the "empty" interior as soon as I have everything out that needs to be taken out so you can all see my "clean slate".
We picked a wood floor (dark, blackened maple) and made some decisions about trim and color scheme but all that'll have to wait until our trailes sells and we have the $$ to start investing more.

That's it for now, pics coming soon (I hope)

The_Dutchman
The_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
CONGRAT'S on you progress !!!! It's always nice when a few things are going well and in the right direction!
StarfireGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #36

A strange and new direction

Alas! The journey ends before it has even started.

Many new and exciting opportunities have come our way, none of which involve the time and space (or money) to complete the Old Chieftain...

After some soul searching we've come to the conclusion that we're able to fulfill a much bigger dream this year by moving closer to the ocean, unfortunately this means that all our resources are going towards that goal right now and this in turn means that the Chieftain project will be abandoned.

If anyone has any good advice on how to best give the ol' gal a new owner, I'm all ears.
As sad as it may sound I was thinking of the recycling yard, she's still got a lot of good parts on her (like a 454 big block with only 44K miles on it, running generator and AC unit) but as a whole I'm afraid I wont find her a new home since she needs some TLC (not to mention a new interior).

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, otherwise it was great getting to know this community and perhaps we'll take this up again some day.

Thank you all,

The Dutchman
Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #37

Honestly, put an add on Craigslist for cheap. There are a lot of people who are looking for a rig they can make their own. Scrap yards don't give much $$ for MH. I bet if you put it for $500 with a list of issues and whats included (motor, generator, etc) It will sell super fast. If I was closer I would PM you about details.
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I'd finish making it bare inside, then list it for $1500 if the motor/tran/genset work. You WILL have hits on it..
Old 11-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #39

Craigslist

Thank you for the recommendation.

I put it on Craigslist and "bing" I now have half a dozen interested parties.
It's still sad to let it go, but I guess it's a small price to pay when moving to within walking distance of the beach.

All the best,

The_Dutchman
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
YA, Id rather be at the beach house
Old 05-25-2014, 05:22 AM   #41

paint job

Have 84 chieftan also. Did you do the paint job yourself? Nice Would be interested in color choices and any other details. My first Winnie was 1972 Indian which I bought new so I have been around a while. I will be following your progress. Good luck. Have fun. Have done this several times. Neal
motorhome75 is offline   Reply With Quote