Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #1

Exclamation 85 holiday rambler president inverter issues

I just got my first rv price was right so i thought id try it im having issues with the inverter. seems to be no output but im not sure iv got the switches set right. any advise would be greatly apriciated
wreckenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Wereckenman,

Can not help with your problem, just stopped by to say WELCOME!!!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #3

What problems are you having exactly.......Perhaps a bit more info about your system and what you have done so far would help to diagnose your problem.
Possibly even a pic of the system if you have one.

Is there a 12v/110switch on the inverter or is it automatic.
Do you have lights and power from the coach battery?
Do you have any power when pluged into shore power (110 to inside plugs or 12v to any of the lights etc).
Have you checked the 12v/110 breakers or possibly inline fuses?
Can you hear the system click or hum when you plug it in?
Is the outside plug or wiring damaged or weathered?
Mikakuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Do you even have an inverter or just a converter?

Converter vs Inverter - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #5

wreckenman inverter issues

thankyou for the response. its a pacs 1500,all the 120 outlets work when pluged in to shore or when the generator is running, but nothing on inverter plugs any time. the control panel seems to be working,but not hearing any noise from inverter. house batts are not getting recharge volts.dont have pics right now but will try to post some later.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #6

I can't do it right at this moment but later tonight I will copy the PAC 1500 owner's manual and email it to you. The inverter only changes the 12 volts from the battery to 120 volt on "some" of the 120v outlets. It has nothing to do with charging batteries. Unless you have the motor running and a good alternator, you will drain your batteries real fast if you have anything running that takes 120 power. But, if you want to run the microwave, or let your passengers watch a movie while running down the road, it is great. If you are on shorepower or generator, you don't need it. I disconnected mine.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Turn off the PAC, plug in a load to a 120v outlet, turn on the PAC and see if it starts up... might need a load...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 AM   #8

wreckenman

thanks for all the advise.i"ll give these tips a try. this is a great site and wish i would have found it sooner. agin thankyou
Old 01-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #9

I haven't forgotten about copying the owner's manual of th PAC1500. My home scanner has suddenly decided to stop talking to my computer. I'm going to take it to work and try it there. Sorry for the delay.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #10

thats ok no hurry you said you unhooked yours how do you keep batts charged when not running the engine
Old 01-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #11

Pacs 1500

I've attached a PDF file of the PACS 1500 Owner's Manual. The Inverter should be located under the sofa or somewhere in the general vicinity of the batteries. I've also included the Description and Specifications for the TRIAD-UTRAD Converter/Battery Charger. The Converter should be located on the passenger side of the coach under the closet. It is probably accessed in a small door near the floor.

I disconnected the PACS1500 because I never use it. It is only to power 120v items while under way. If I am going to be using 120volts I just turn on the generator. If it is summer I usually run the coach air conditioner while driving and that reguires the generator. The converter charges the batteries, not the PACS1500.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PACS1500.pdf (398.3 KB, 2523 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #12

wreckenman

thanks quietwater for the file it will be very helpful. I was unaware of the triad converter. this info will help alot and i will put it to good use this weekend depending on amount of snow we get. agin thankyou for all the help.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #13

wreckenman

I found the converter with the generator running i can hear the converter humming but not sure its working. there is a fuse panel right by it but not sure what they are for nothing is marked on the door. thanks agin for all the info
Old 04-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #14

Spartan Chassis
converter

anyone have the pacs 1500 by gto electronics schematic diagram?

Anyone have the owners manual and schematic for the ulrad triad converter? Anyone have a schematic or an owners manual on the nuvatech/nuvatec/novatec (which is now called intellitech) lpgas detector/storage tank level indicator panel with built in coach and chassis battery shutoff and digital volt meter panel?
dulobast25 is offline   Reply With Quote