Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #1

I'm having fun trying to keep an 85 that I just bought on the road and I'm needing some help with the dashboard wiring. Previous owner had installed a upgraded sound system to go "tailgaiting" with and apparently had the dash out to run some wires. In the process, the fuel tank switch, oil pressure switch and temp gauge were disconnected. Since they are not on a harness, I have several spade connections and colored wires and I'm confused as to where they connect. I've been looking for a Haynes manual or something that shows the wire connections, so far no joy. Winnebago has sent me several of their wiring schematics but theres don't include the GM chassis.

Any ideas where I can find such a thing? P-30 chassis with 454 it is.

Thanks.

JB

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #2

I'm having fun trying to keep an 85 that I just bought on the road and I'm needing some help with the dashboard wiring. Previous owner had installed a upgraded sound system to go "tailgaiting" with and apparently had the dash out to run some wires. In the process, the fuel tank switch, oil pressure switch and temp gauge were disconnected. Since they are not on a harness, I have several spade connections and colored wires and I'm confused as to where they connect. I've been looking for a Haynes manual or something that shows the wire connections, so far no joy. Winnebago has sent me several of their wiring schematics but theres don't include the GM chassis.

Any ideas where I can find such a thing? P-30 chassis with 454 it is.

Thanks.

JB

Old 05-12-2006, 08:54 AM   #3

I had a similar problem finding the chassis wiring for mine. You are correct that Winnebago can supply everything you need for the coach side, but it is difficult on the chassis side.

It may be difficult to find a manual for a unit that old, but give eBay a try. I have a 1998 chassis and have the set of GM chassis manuals on the way now. You might also try an established truck service facility in your area. They may have the manuals for your vehicle and let you at least look at them. In some cases you might find a truck service center that will sell you copies of the pages you need. Worth a try.

A bit lower on the page you will find a Winnebago owners forum. Try posting there also, there are still a good number of vintage Winnebagos on the road today.

Helm publishing is the publisher for many of the auto industry manuals. They might still have them available, but they are pricey from them.

BTW - welcome to the forum. Keep posting and asking the questions, someone here probably has the correct answer for you.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #4

For manuals try www.autobooksbishko.com or call them at 1-800-544-3312. The call may be better since they have made changes to their web-site and it no longer has links directly to any RV manuals, even though their site indicates that they still have documentation for vintage vehicles. I got a chassis manual for my 1979 32' Class-A Holiday Rambler from these people and am more than happy with it. They specialize in 70's vintage Dodge Motorhome manuals but they have others.

Good Luck