Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #1

85 Pace Arrow wiring problems

Just bought this MH and having lots of problems with the wiring (both 12v and 120v). Put in 2 new coach batteries and currently have it hooked up to outside power. Seems like only half of the coach lights work and only half the 120 receptacles work. This is a wiring nightmare but, for some reason, I think it's going to be a simple fix. Just can't figure it out yet.
I tried calling Fleetwood for a wiring schematic but they don't go back that far. I have the owners manual but there's not much info in that either. Any ideas?? Where should I start?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Buck
Homeless2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had similar frustration! reset the GFI near the bathroom sink. Everything is wired through this receptacle.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 83 Itasca the wires behind the fridge has a connector very high up and at times it will open up which in turn removes the lighting on the passenger side 100%......

Jim
JimElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree on the GFI reset. Or better yet, on coach that old, just replace all the GFI outlets - they can go bad. For any non-working 12v lights, start pulling fixtures and you may find loose wires or corroded connections that you'll have to redo. Just takes time and persistence to resolve issues like this on an older coach.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #5

Thanks

Just wanted to thank those who responded to my post.
I replaced the GFI and now have power to all 110v.
Now, on to finding the 12v problems. Seems like no power to bedroom lights and two double lights in kitchen and over couch. Wish me luck!!
---Buck
Homeless2 is offline   Reply With Quote