Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:10 PM   #15

I actually have a 86 Ford alumilte holiday rambler class c. I have all the manuals for mine, but have only one a/c. Let me know exactly what you have and I'll see what I could send you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 05:37 AM   #16

Any idea where the fuses may be located? I found the circuit breakers, but I've run out of ideas on where to find the 12V fuses. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2015, 06:53 AM   #17

If it's the coach fuses you're wondering about, many times they are located behind a door on the front of the power converter.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #18

Mine are under the oven at the bottom panel.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mine were located with the 110v circuit breakers, for the coach 12V, ( inside lights, compartment lights, fan's, etc. ) it will be close to where the power cord comes into the coach on the inside! Mine was in the bedroom, under the round switch for the A/C's, as my power cord was in the back compartment, drivers side! Yours may be in the converter, as previously stated! My old 1974 Shasta class A, they were in the converter! And under the dash, drivers side for the chassis 12V systems! ( headlights, taillights, back-up lights, etc. ) Hope this helps? Rail!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #20

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
1988 Class A HR Alumalite here. "Some" outlets not working may be a GFI outlet which has been tripped and needs to be rest. Ours is in the bathroom.

Attachment shows where our A/C selector switch is located in floor level compartment under a hallway closet. It is the grey box on the right. I have had to replace one of my circuit breakers because they can wear out and will not switch to on. Flip yours off and on and see if they feel "weak". All home improvement stores carry them.

I'll find out where we bought our replacement bathroom sink and post later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fuse boxes 002.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	93058
Old 05-02-2015, 07:06 AM   #21

"Rest" s/b RESET
Old 05-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #22

Update as of 5/2

Thanks everyone who has been sending all the helpful suggestions and info my way. I've been busy, and found a few things.

1. I found the fuses for the 12 v system, and they all look good. They were in for compartment with the inverter - once I found the inverter. Interestingly enough it was on the opposite side of the RV from the AC power, but in some ways I guess that makes sense to keep them very separate.

2. All outlets seem to work. The stove vent does nothing when I turn it on, but I haven't really investigated that yet. I found a round switch above the refrigerator which seems to be the mysterious switch to switch between the rear and front air conditioners, but no matter what I do to that switch, the front AC doesn't work. Still figuring on that one.

3. I bought a replacement sink, but it is a little smaller. I am just replacing the sink top and cutting a new hole for the smaller sink. It seems as though that will work fine and line up correctly, so that will soon be resolved.

4. Electric steps still aren't working. I was kind of waiting to find the fuses to determine if something there was blown. Since all the fuses "appear" good, I don't think that is the problem. There is no fuse labeled for the electric steps, however, so that part is still a mystery. I'm not sure where it is getting its power from. The weather is getting nicer and I'm getting on top of enough of the essential fixes, so I can crawl underneath and look at the wiring. Might just be a bad door switch, I guess.

5. There are three switches inside the door. One is for the exterior light, but I can't figure out what the other two are for. They look like regular light switches, but in a bank of 3.

So that's where I am at for now. I am cleaning, re-caulked the shower, and just generally getting things ready to be able to move in. A big challenge is the age of my RV. I have had to endure lots of "You're not really going to be driving that thing, are you?" and some snickers. I guess that goes with the territory, but I want to think that I can make this work for me for a few years, and be very happy with it.

Have a great day, and any suggestions continue to be welcome! I'll post some pics in the near future.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #23

The natural reply to the dumb comments and snickers is "Its paid for."

About the switches; unless you have a switch for the steps elsewhere, one might be the switch that controls the on/off for your electric steps. The switch in the door will put them in/out automatically, but if you're parked, you want the steps out and left out, so you turn them "off".

I'd expect one of the switches to control a ceiling light, so that when you enter the camper after dark, you can turn on lights right at the door.

Look for a 25 amp fuse for your steps- you won't have many of those. Our fuse is actually up under the hood, in with the automotive fuses.

The issue with your ac's may be either in the round switch or in the front air conditioner. A quick way to check is to pull the round switch and reverse the wires (I assume the switch turns the back ac on and off already). If the front ac blows, bad switch. Nothing happens, bad ac (sadly common). Unfortunately, the RV units are sealed and they have to be junked rather than repaired.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:33 AM   #24

#1) I think mean your CONVETER not your inverter?
maybe #4) & #5) Bank of 3 switches Left to Right: Inside ceiling light / Outside light / STEPS

I still don't know the "code" for the steps. Come hell or high water they DO come up when you start the engine. And they will NOT operate when the chassis battery is off line. Other than that, the switch AND a switch on your screen door tell them what to do.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:22 AM   #25

I have a 86 HR Imperial and the A/C switch is in the same position as wajell's, under the hallway closet. I also have the same panel next to my door to control the steps and lights. I have my steps retracted and I have cement steps in their place.

Tags
holiday rambler