Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #15

I replaced all the faucets. They are standard home units purchased at Lowes.

The sink was purchased from a dealer on ebay. I wanted the faucet to mount in the sink and not in the cabinet. It is a 60/40 split sink and deeper than the orignal stainless one. Had to redo the drain a bit.

If I remember right the faucet was about $140, the sink w/ covers was about $120. Not cheap but makes doing dishes much easier.

We changed the bathroom faucet as well. Standard fixture there as well. I have big hands and could not even get them under the original faucet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppatello

Thats plywood???

WoW, sweet looking job there...
Is that a standard faucet and if so then is there a size I need to look for or is it an rv faucet? Love it

Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
When we did our remodel ('89 Honey) we wanted something that was inexpensive and durable. My neighbor who has helped me quite a bit suggested using standard plywood with glue down laminate.

Here are some pictures:

Total cost of materials was around $100. I paid my neighbor another $100 to build and install. The kitchen counter was surprisingly easy.
Question; you said the table was made from plywood. 1) What thickness plywood did you use? 2) How did you attach the long bracket that holds the table to the wall to the plywood without the screws splitting the layers of plywood? I have some spare 3/4" plywood that I was thinking of using to make my new table.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #18

3/4" plywood with trim around the edge.

Mine is not attached to the wall. If you look closely you will see the two posts supporting the table. They attach with a bunch of small screws.

My table is narrower that a standard dinette table. DW and I are a bit thicker in the middle than your average person. Had the table made to fit us. We don't use the dinette for sleeping.

Our MH only sleeps 2
Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all you folks who take the time to post pictures and descriptions of your repairs and remodels.

People who own vintage RV are a unique breed; its helpful and encouraging to see what others are doing and this forum is a great idea resource.

My hats off to you!

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS1985
Hi again, folks! Now that I have my engine woes fixed I'm on to a new project, the interior. I don't really know where to get these things I need so I'm looking for suggestions. I want to replace my kitchen table top and the smaller table behind the passenger seat. I also want to replace my shades. The wife wants Roman shades but trying to find ones that are 16" and 21" is impossible. In the bedroom I have two twin beds. I want to rip them out and put in a nice queen bed. Can you buy them or do you have to custom make your own?
I've seen a tabletop and roman shades online www.campingworld.com
Old 06-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #21

I would like to thank all those who gave input to my many questions about my Southwind. Just to let you know that your suggestions have worked, I brought my RV to the state inspection station today for registration renewal. It's about 12 miles from my house. I left my house nearly on fumes. This was it's first run since changing the plug wires (an iRV2 user suggestion). It had so much more power, was actually quieter, and no sputtering. Oh, and it passed inspection with zero defects. Due to it's age it is not required to have exhaust emissions checked but I asked them to anyway. It passed! I must say that this site (and you guys) has/have been very helpful for me. Thanks again.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #22

One additional thing, when I returned home from the DMV I had used very little of the 1/16 of a tank I had left prior to leaving. I can't wait to check it out on a long haul.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #23

Congratulations!

Frankly, if it were not for these forums I would not have taken on our project either. What I find amazing is that the technology of motorhomes has not changed much in the last 20 years. We are money ahead restoring ours vs a newer one that is built exactly the same way.

Just don't have the fancy paint (yet).

Tags
remodel, southwind