Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks Terry,
Yeah the owner isn't in a big hurry, so I can work on it for an hour or 2 a day, then come back to it. I had a hand held vacuum pump at home to bleed the brakes myself, but not enough room in the 5er, I do have the double flare kit and line wrenches though. It is not too bad, because I am not rushed. Oh and had one of the best golf games of the winter today, so I am in a really good mood.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:23 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, It is enjoyable to repair things, we did so many brake and fuel lines we had all the equip to make all the different ends on the lines, it's all hydraulic so is nice. We had a bunch of other shops that sent vehicles to us because it is such a pain. Nice job on the golf game I've never played.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Terry,
The being rushed makes any chore a job instead of an enjoyable hobby, and I have said before, if I wanted a job, I would have stayed working. The hydraulic tools makes the job a snap, but you have to do a ton of them to make it payoff. The nice thing about this line is that there is a coupling on one end and the flexible hose on the other, so I just have to get the right size and length line already made up at the parts store and just bend it like the old one and install.
Frank
Old 03-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
That makes it almost to easy, LOL there's really nothing easy about brake lines, you get all the lines on and........ a bleeder breaks off, I hope that don't happen. Up here in the salt country it was most times if a brake line rusted out you was replacing calipers or wheel cylinders, then try to get the drums off and the brake adjusters would be froze up.......yuck I just got flash backs . I am so glad I sold the shop, Frank you made my day.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
Yeah Terry, that is usually the case, but I've had these bleeders open already and they are in pretty good shape, the nice thing is this MH has been in Florida most of its life, so other than a little sea salt, it has remained relatively unmolested.
Glad that I could give you a laugh, didn't get the line off today, got done with work at the park at 1pm and then there was no hot water at one of the laundries, by the time I got done checking that out it was almost 2:30, so it will wait for another day.
Frank
Old 03-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Finally, got the brake line off, and the new one is here, couldn't put it on due to the guy washing the roof getting ready to redo it. Did get the fuel filter changed so, today bend the line, install, bleed the brakes and put the left rear tires on and Volia, ready for a test drive when the roofs done. Later all.
Frank
Old 03-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Ahh success at last, brake line on and bled and down on all wheels. Good brake pedal and after the roof gets done, change the oil and air filter and mechanically as far as I can tell and see, she is ready for the trip to Austin Texas. Feels gratifying to finish a project and help a friend out to boot.
Frank
Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank good to see you got your project done to your satisfaction, I also enjoy helping out when I can, it usually comes back in one form or another!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:32 AM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, I agree Terry, You don't help expecting anything but the self satisfaction of being a good friend or neighbor, but usually it comes back when you least expect it.
Frank

Tags
dolphin