Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, for those that might have missed the title change on my thread for my Camper, I've decided to part ways with IRV2.

Its been entertaining reading your guy's rebuild threads, but I'm afraid IRV2 has kind of become a bit too stuffy for me to really be of any contribution here.

I've already pulled most of my California Adventure threads, and removed the contents from the ones which had replies to them.

This will be my last thread on this forum, but you can keep tabs on me at RV.net, and natcoa-forum.com, where I do the majority of my posting.

I wish you all the best of luck in things, and Godspeed, and hope your RVs provide you many miles of travel.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, for those that might have missed the title change on my thread for my Camper, I've decided to part ways with IRV2.

Its been entertaining reading your guy's rebuild threads, but I'm afraid IRV2 has kind of become a bit too stuffy for me to really be of any contribution here.

I've already pulled most of my California Adventure threads, and removed the contents from the ones which had replies to them.

This will be my last thread on this forum, but you can keep tabs on me at RV.net, and natcoa-forum.com, where I do the majority of my posting.

I wish you all the best of luck in things, and Godspeed, and hope your RVs provide you many miles of travel.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:38 AM   #3

You will be missed. I kinda agree with you as that whole discussion on whether you looked like the bevery Hillbillys if you had a ladder strapped on the back of your coach or not realy got to me. I'll catch you on the other sites.

Brad & Lucy aka the Geezer & The Hedgehog
1990 Foretravel 38' DP
Kitty Kat: Earl
Whitey Ford the Explorer riding the car trailer
Navigation: CoPilot 9 on a lap top
ASE Master Technician
SAE
Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry to see your moving on Joe. I want to thank you for all your input into this forum and getting it moving with your great work back in Aug. 2, 2006 when not much was happening on the Vintage forum. With your help and others it has been pretty active.
Have not read the reasons you have changed your mind in staying with us but I appreciated every post of yours and I'm sure others have also gained from your help.
People who pass comments against someone are not welcomed on irv2.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Joseph, we all enjoyed reading of your recent adventures with your RV, however, in recent weeks you have included profanity and/or other prohibited content in your posts.

We hate to see you leave, but respect your decision, and we would welcome you back at any time.

Please keep in mind that the rules concerning profanity are in keeping with the intended family nature of this website.

Respectfully
Bob Gregory
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #6

See Ya. I often find that one needs to be thick skinned on any public forum board. I have been blasted several times ,not so much here but its all good. I would even bet there are a few who might even think bad things about me . This site rocks because it is ruled a lot better.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:41 PM   #7

Beverly Hillbilly's LOL So whats wrong with looking like them.

Who cares what people think.
Try moving cross country in a 1948 Dodge flat bed truck pulling a trailer with every thing you own on it. I looked like the Beverly Hillbilly's And I did not care what any one thought. I still don't.

I been on lots of forums where some one gets mad because some one disagrees or flames there post , they all leave the same way "This is my last post I'm removing all my post I will never be back" bla bla bla . Its like them putting a gun to there head and shooting.

Idaho/Cambodia
bigbusguy@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #8

Hey wait a min,I was told the membership was non-refundable.Like old Al in "The Godfather".Quote:I tried to quit,but they keep pulling me back.All of us are hillbillys or want to be hillbillys.We need you to stay around to keep us out of trouble and keep us from burning down all the camp sites.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigbusguy@yahoo.com:
Beverly Hillbilly's LOL So whats wrong with looking like them.

Try moving cross country in a 1948 Dodge flat bed truck pulling a trailer with every thing you own on it. I looked like the Beverly Hillbilly's And I did not care what any one thought. I still don't.

I been on lots of forums where some one gets mad because some one disagrees or flames there post , they all leave the same way "This is my last post I'm removing all my post I will never be back" bla bla bla . Its like them putting a gun to there head and shooting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Edit my post????

Idaho/Cambodia
Old 10-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #10

Maybe this is way he left the mod edit what he says just like my post .
I can see if you edited out a bad word But what I said??
Maybe I will go too.
Maybe he was right this is getting to communist editing posts for no reason.
I think I will go too.

Bevery Hillbillys LOL So whats wrong with looking like them.

Try moving crosscoutry in a 1948 Dodge flat bed truck pulling a trailer with every thing you own on it. I looked like the Bevery Hillbillys And I did not care what any one thought. I still dont.

I been on lots of forums where some one gets mad becouse some one disagrees or flames there post , thay all leave the same way This is my last post Im removing all my post Il never be back . Its like them putting a gun to there head and shooting.

Idaho/Cambodia
Old 10-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #11

edit my posts go ahead. Lots of better RV groups out there I see why he went
I don't think I will be back also.
I did not know this was the North Koren RV board where all posts a edited as not to say any thing that all mighty site gods my think will hurt there free gifts and RVs and all the other gifts there try to scam from all the RV dealers or mfg.

If some one wants to go then good go c-Ya
I have saw this happen on lots of other groups over editing of peoples post and guess what most them groups and gone now they run every one off.
If some one want to be a cry baby and go so be it who cares. Well now you lost 2 people and maybe more.

Personal attack against moderator edited from post....Personal attacks of any kind are expressly prohibited...

Idaho/Cambodia
Old 10-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
I really based my decision around the fact that I tend to be a bit more relaxed with dialogue on some matters, and found that I kept running askew to the current stance of the forum. Rather than get in a tift over it, or continue to violate the forum regulations, I decided the best solution was to depart on good terms.

On the subject of pulled threads, I think of it like a tent. When you're done camping, you pull up your tent stakes and pack up your stuff and take it with you, the intention wasn't really to do it as a hostile gesture, rather just save the Admins some time if they decided to erase all trace of me, the posts were mostly just replicas of ones I had made elsewhere in an endeavour to share my experiences with as broad an audience as possible.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:53 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't know what was said or Whatever or whoever, you will be missed and i wish god speed!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

Ladies and gentlemen, iRV2 has been around since early 2000 and the rules against profanity have been an integral part of this website since day one.

Mr. McKenzie's posts and adventures have been read by many folks right here on iRV2 and I had hoped this would've continued, but for some reason unknown to me, Mr. McKenzie chose to begin to include profanity in his posts, which has ALWAYS been expressly prohibited.
There is not now,nor has there ever been any conspiracy against any member for any reason and I can assure you the only reason Mr. McKenzie's posts were edited was to remove the prohibited content.
This was also the case in the "BigBus" posts where content was edited..

This web site is meant to be for the enjoyment of ALL members and we pride ourselves in keeping the content free from certain content that some members may find offensive.
While we do expect differences of opinion, we do not allow personal attacks against our members,moderators or administrators and as such I will edit these from any post I come across...
It is the policy of our moderators to PM a member with a brief explanation of any and all actions taken, with the hopes that the member will understand where they strayed from the rules of the site and correct this in future posts. Mr. McKenzie has apparently understood this policy and agreed to either stop such posts or move to another RV forum.
While I welcome anyone to post here, I would hope that you understand the position of the administrators with regard to the rules and abide accordingly.
If in fact you should make the personal decision to not abide by the rules of this forum, I would wish you the best in your future endeavors.
I've been to other RV forums and I can assure you that, even with the profanity filtering, our members make this the best all around site for the avid RV'er.

Thank you for your support, I hope to read of your experiences in the future.

Respectfully,

Bob Gregory
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote