Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:37 AM   #15
laj

only ones integrity. if you have none then lie away, along with stealing and any other low life behavior. its there park, their rules, their choice. just like any other rules they choose to adopt and implement.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2016, 06:00 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Seems like most of these parks are OK with your rig if you just send them a photo. If yours looks decent then there is no problem. If the CG has a no RVs over X years written in stone policy, you probably don't want to go there anyway.

Our MH is over ten but so far no one has asked. If they do i will be happy to send some photos.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mine's 20 yrs old and have never had a problem...only sent a pic once. It's all about appearance. The nicer campgrounds/resorts cater to those on "vacation" and they are trying to discourage "nomads" in beaters from setting up shop in their campground (which seems kind of stupid because why would someone living this lifestyle spend that much $$ a night?? who knows). I think the policy is idiotic but I just deal with it. FYI I've never run into this at a "one owner" campground, only at those that are owned by a parent company and it's the parent company's policy. FYI it's not often obvious that a campground is part of an investment/management corp but there are a lot that are.
dmurdock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:02 PM   #18

We have only been confronted with the age issue once in 38 years with four different motorhomes. Use SEARCH to find other discussions for this topic. Some responses are from RV campground owners, and they offer their side of the issue. Sometimes it is more complicated than what first appears.
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
Just tell them it's a 2017 retro model... that's what I do.
lol
Old 05-11-2016, 09:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
only ones integrity. if you have none then lie away, along with stealing and any other low life behavior. its there park, their rules, their choice. just like any other rules they choose to adopt and implement.
How old are you, how tall are you, and what do you weigh? Don't lie, and don't say it's none of our business. We want to restrict this forum only to young, fit people, regardless of your resting heart rate and blood pressure.

Remember, people with old RVs pay just as much for a campsite as you do. No theft whatsoever.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
Mine's 20 yrs old and have never had a problem...only sent a pic once. It's all about appearance. The nicer campgrounds/resorts cater to those on "vacation" and they are trying to discourage "nomads" in beaters from setting up shop in their campground (which seems kind of stupid because why would someone living this lifestyle spend that much $$ a night?? who knows). I think the policy is idiotic but I just deal with it. FYI I've never run into this at a "one owner" campground, only at those that are owned by a parent company and it's the parent company's policy. FYI it's not often obvious that a campground is part of an investment/management corp but there are a lot that are.
Not all the"beaters" are nomads, It is only in retirement that I could afford a new RV. I vacationed is some pretty rough RVs over the last 30 years. I remember camping in a nice park in Canada with a p.u. Camper with the cab over part held together with fencing wire and water proofed with tubes of RTV. It still leaked like a sieve, and we had a great time, you do what you can afford.
Or a fiberglass champion that had more hair than I do. The more recent deal with rejections by parks, I am with the others that say if they don't want my rig then they don't want my money. And my memory can be long even after I purchased my first new rig I will still take my money else where.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #22

I pulled into a campground in San Bernardino for a quick visit and was asked the age of my rig. Once I got settled, I looked to the right and saw a TT a blue tarp covering the roof. I looked behind me and a TT's tail light was taped to the trailer, with MANY, MANY strips of Scotch tape. So why ask the age of my TT with this kind of crap allowed to enter there? I have a relative who has a meticulous TT, which he keeps under a shed. It's kept washed and waxed, yet he was denied entry in a CG in San Diego even after staff eyed it up close. I can understand not wanting rust buckets in a CG but the model year of a rig doesn't necessarily dictate the visual and/or livability of a rig.

sigpic160806_2.gif
sd75mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We were told once by a private CG that they wouldn't accept toy haulers. I asked why, their excuse was because we carry a fuel station onboard that could be a fire hazard? Wait, what??
What do they think is in the tanks of the motorhomes and tow vehicles? LOL!
We didn't stay there.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:59 AM   #24

I was proud of our old '93 that I kept running all by myself for 23 years. Old rvs have hidden qualities all their own that provide satisfaction, that only the owners can appreciate. Several times however, possessors of newer and old rvs have sauntered over to talk about the venerable Bounder when we were traveling. That will all end now, I am just another clod that has a new rv. Ancient rvs have always caught my attention too, I enjoy seeing them on the road.
Being refused entry into a cg would be worn by me as a badge of honor. I would read that as telling us, we have no place in our campground for those whom possess the skills required to maintain an old vehicle and can enjoy a vacation while being thrifty. They have a right to run their business as it suits them and it does not bother me in the least. Never leave your own self worth in the hands of others.
I have absolutely no feelings of inner pride driving our new rv, only a mood of foolishness.
Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd75mac View Post
I pulled into a campground in San Bernardino for a quick visit and was asked the age of my rig. Once I got settled, I looked to the right and saw a TT a blue tarp covering the roof. I looked behind me and a TT's tail light was taped to the trailer, with MANY, MANY strips of Scotch tape. So why ask the age of my TT with this kind of crap allowed to enter there? I have a relative who has a meticulous TT, which he keeps under a shed. It's kept washed and waxed, yet he was denied entry in a CG in San Diego even after staff eyed it up close. I can understand not wanting rust buckets in a CG but the model year of a rig doesn't necessarily dictate the visual and/or livability of a rig.
Wall Mart and rest stops don't have age limits
Old 05-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #26

Age of RV and entrance to some campgrounds.

I was discussing this topic with a buddy who suggested that my soon to be finished MH, converted from a fire rescue truck, might be refused entry to some places on the grounds that it is 27 years old. If that happened I thought I would mention that my next stop would be at the local fire dept to tell them how their retiree had been treated
Old 05-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #27

I've never felt they were restricting your MH based on it's age. Rather I think they don't want a caravan of broken down derelicts staying in their park.

I have stayed at a few of them, and they will usually accept a photo of your rig and they'll make exceptions for you. JMHO!
Old 05-24-2016, 05:15 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1953 View Post
I was discussing this topic with a buddy who suggested that my soon to be finished MH, converted from a fire rescue truck, might be refused entry to some places on the grounds that it is 27 years old. If that happened I thought I would mention that my next stop would be at the local fire dept to tell them how their retiree had been treated
Not to toss fuel on the fire so to speak but if the CG has a steadfast X year old rule then you won't gain entrance. Neither will I since our MH is twelve years old. If they make exceptions after inspecting your rig by photo or in person then there should not be a problem if your rig is decent. Same would go for me.

What would your career as a firefighter have to do with it? I have the utmost respect for firefighters BTW.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground