Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Air filter removel

I recently purchased a 1998 Bounder MH. I have been catching up with maintenance,but I can't figurer out how to open the air breather box to remove the filter. It is a p30 chevy chassis with a fuel injected 454. It has a long inlet tube that runs from the intake to just to the right of the radiator were it inters a black box. I would guess that the filter is in this. From there it continues on to just behind the grill. I think this last part of the intake is a silencer. Do any of you know how to get into the filter box? Thanks for your help.

crankitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
Walter5555's Avatar
National RV Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Union City, Ca.
Posts: 544
Replacing a air fillter on a chev. 454.

Now thats great that you should ask because I just got through replacing mine.
I have a 1997 36' Dolphin M.H. with a 454 fortect engine.
To open up the area where the fillter is located is just where you said it was you may have to get under the fender and if you look up to the top of the box you will see three metal pup ups, once you un snap those the back of the box will open up and you will have accest to the fillter.
Now I don't know if it a paper fillter or a metal one.
I have a Banks system on my M.H. so which ever one you have you will be able to replace it.
If its a Banks you will need to buy a K & E RECHARGER KIT.
because you can always use it all you have to do is clean it and the directions in the E & K package will exsplain it to you.
Just a thought.

Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Terry, thanks for your response. I was afraid that the clips may be on the top. I can't see the the top of the box because it is so close to the engine compartment. Hopefully I can get a finger up there to flip the clips. I will probable buy the Banks air intake system instead of replacing just the filter.
crankitup is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.