Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #1

Allure flooring questions for any one who has used it

I was pretty convinced this is what I was about to use. I brought samples home from home depot. I Was looking online for the color I was thinking about laying to send a email to a buddy and found a pdf file on installation and found this. You cannot install allure in solariums/sunrooms, over carpets, or any exterior application including seasonal porches, camping trailers and boats. The allure adhesive must not get down to 15F (-10C) and must not reach higher than 95F (35C) for an extended period of time. If there just covering worried from a warranty stand point that I'll live with, my motorhome sits out side all the time , worried if the glue will fail. Has anyone installed this in hot to cold climate areas.Here is the link to the actual product

TrafficMaster Allure 12 in. x 36 in. Red Rock Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring (24 sq. ft./case)-216116.0 at The Home Depot Thanks for any input Al

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Why do you want to use a glue down they have a floating floor that works fine I just got finish installing the same style flooring

This style floor locks together not glue strips at all

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_0202_155111AA.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	33886

Name:	2013_0110_190156AA.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	33887

Name:	2013_0202_183929AA.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	33888

Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #3

Its not a glue down you have to leave a 1/4 gap around the edges for expansion, the seams have a glue strip to make the pieces one piece , im worried about the durability of that strip
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
We put the oak plank Allure flooring in our class A nearly two years ago during a hot humid July week in Illinois. Has held up great, no problems or regrets. Have also camped in extreme cold weather with no problems.
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't know about the glue I know the lock type work out good, have been many said no problems on the glue strip
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #6

No experience with Allure, but we just had this stuff put down in our home...
Metroflor Engage Vinyl Plank.

Click together, waterproof, no glue, and tough.
Only downside is its is pretty dense... almost a 1/4" thick, so dont confuse this with the thin stick down stuff!
More info and finishes here.

ENGAGE BRINGS IT ALL HOME - Residential
Old 02-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #7

nightriderrv nice job on your floor, what did you do around the toilet lift it and put it underneath or did you calk around it, Calico that's good to hear, I don't want to go thru all the work only to have it come apart after the cold of winter or the hot of summer. Keyair I wasn't sure how that style would work with the vibrations of going down the road
Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #8

I put done Allure in my rig a couple years ago - been through some rough weather and it's still going strong. I did get a bump on one seam after some severe cold so maybe the warning has some merit - but I put a few heavy books on the spot for a day or so and the spot went away. I think Allure is a good product for RV.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #9

ksg5000 thanks now I have to figure out if I want to do the whole floor or from the back up to the door and leave the carpet in the front area of the motor home
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #10

The Metroflor is tough as old boots and I have no worry it can handle everything. It has a long warrantee.

Only down side to it is that its heavy stuff..
Old 02-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #11

Installed Allure 3 years ago. Helped several friends do their Class A and 5er install. Everyone is happy with the install.
It is floating and does not like to be nailed/glued down.
Here is a link to pictures of the install. There are pictures of other installs on the site.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyalf View Post
ksg5000 thanks now I have to figure out if I want to do the whole floor or from the back up to the door and leave the carpet in the front area of the motor home
In our Class C I elected to leave the carpet in the drivers area in place.

The only downside I discovered with Allure is that it shows any debris you track in. We discovered that putting in some throw rugs really helps - it will collect sand etc that we and our dogs track in and we can periodically pick them up and shake them out.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #13

I also figured I would put throw rugs down, I ride atvs and want to camp with them, carpet just isn't a good mix, I figured it will be a lot easier to clean, ronjhall thanks for the great link I see you lifted the toilet, you have a ring for the bolts like I do I think ill give that a try verse calking
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
I loosened the flange and lifted it up and put the floor under it come to find out the flange was busted so I'm going to replace it out, I milled out all the baseboard and shoe molding myself.