Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #57

Well disassembely has begun. As I thought both side destroyed to intake push rods. This time only half of them not all of them. Spoke to the machine shop also. They are estimating $180.00 to do both the heads for me. I'm hoping that by Friday night I will have it all apart and ready to drop of Saturday morning.

On a different topic. Where do you but plumbing materials from. I know my fresh water fill hose is 1-1/4". I have not seen anything like it at a normall big box building store. Any suggestion would be great.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #58

Gulf Streamers Club
If you want things quickly, you could go to a RV parts store. You'll pay top dollar. If you can wait a few days, often on line, even with shipping costs, can be cheaper. A lot of parts are available on Ebay, just factor in shipping as part of the price and compare to local stores.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:31 AM   #59

fill hose

Academy Sports in the boat area look for a bildge pump hose
Old 02-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #60

I have another question. The Eternabond roof tape, will it work on an aluminum roof? I have read great things about the product, but it looks like it is designed for rubber roofs. Being a Tiffin this is an all aluminum rv. I need to repair all of the seams on the roof. They are all cracked, and pealing. Any suggestions would be great. I live in Arizona so sun is a big factor, but we do get severe rains during the monsoon season. Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #61

It will work just fine on aluminum. That is what mine is, much thinner than I thought it would be. Look at the roof seal and maintenance tape
http://www.eternabond.com/v/vspfiles...t_Brochure.pdf
rickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #62

Thanks for the brochure Rick. That answers my question. Eternabond it will be.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bummer I shouldn't have said anything about the radiator, it leaked a bit the other day when I ran her awhile in the driveway.
Tinse4, Were you able to start taken it apart yet? How did it come out?
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #64

Sorry to hear about the radiator.better at home than on the road though. Yes I have started taking it apart. I have the driver side head to take off still. It's not easy. I am 6'1 @220 lbs trying to work in little hole. It will all be done this weekend, and heads in the shop on Monday however.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
You have alot better weather too work on it too. Its a big ZERO and lite snow today. Good luck,
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #66

I've been following this thread quite regularly I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck on the project but in the same breath HUGE kudos for being so gung-ho on quickly assassin and correcting the problem... Really a good learning lesson for me, when something goes wrong for me I spend too much time chasing what I "hope" the problem is compared to what I " know " the problem probably is!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #67

Thanks Mitch. The way I see this is like I do my 4x4. It has to not only take me and my family there, but bring us back safe. So cutting corners or doing the quick fix isn't for doing while at home. If out and about a quick fix gets you home then I am all for it, but not at home when you can fix it the right way. I have my wife, and my 7 month old daughter that are my responsibility. It wont carry either one until I trust it to do its job.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #68

Ok so disassembly complete. New gasket set ordered and will be in tomorrow. So Wednesday the heads should be in the shop. Hopefully with in a week or so they will be done and ready to go back on. The only bad news is that one of the emission tube that goes to the driver side exhaust manifold broke. Will have to track one down and get it ordered. Will get some pics up in the next day or so if anyone wants some.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #69

Just some FYI I found Autopartswarehouse.com was good economical source for p30 chassis parts
Old 02-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #70

Well after spending the better part of last night searching, bad news. This part is realy hard to find. I did find a few, but they are not normal stock. So this weekend while the heads are out I will check the local salvage yards. Worse case I suppose the one injection tube that broke can be brazen close and use the rest. Anyon have some input on this?