Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #1

it is a 16' long "The Capri" model awning, from Insta Awn. That is all the info I have been able to find to date on this item. Google did not find anything on the company, and I have yet to hear about finding parts in any of the forums I visit.

I'm looking for a place to get parts relating to the support arms that are on each side.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #2

it is a 16' long "The Capri" model awning, from Insta Awn. That is all the info I have been able to find to date on this item. Google did not find anything on the company, and I have yet to hear about finding parts in any of the forums I visit.

I'm looking for a place to get parts relating to the support arms that are on each side.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #3

It may be cheaper to buy a whole new awning. Check out the prices here. When I was looking at awnings, these folks were the cheapest (at the time). BTW, white awning fabric doesn't fade. My pretty blue & yellow awning fabric looked like new when we firt got our camper back in April, But after only 1 summer, it has faded a lot!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ah, Lorna, I tried that site, get a error404 message. try again please.
Got 2 1/2 " of that white stuff some people call, snow? In Tucson!! He,HE,HA,HA!!!!!!
Friends and family were cryig and I told them that we were getting the same all day, About 4-5 in. , Maybe more by morning. I'm just a Laugh'in cause a bunch of those snowbirds went there and it had the same weather as here. Don't matter where ya go... There you are!! Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #5

Fixed the link. My daughter is (currently) just south of Albuquerque NM. When she left NC back in Nov, she was saying that she was heading towards warmer climes. They've gotten more snow since she got out there than NC gets all winter!

Of course, if she doesn't get a job this week, she's headiing back to NC . She had a job but place closed down... we paid 1 month's rent but we won't pay for a second month... it will be to head home and regroup financially.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:23 AM   #6

I cannot afford a new awning. I can probably scrape up enough for new fabric, and I can certainly scrape together enough for hardware repairs (which is why I was looking for info on the awning), but with an furnace on the blink, the fridge being way too small, not knowing if the A/C works, and needing to replace the inside floor, the roof, and most of the outer wall along with the skin), I just cannot come up with enough to replace the awning, when this one actually works well, once I get the hardware repaired. There arre some small bends in the support struts, and a few of the locking pins have problems. The biggest problem is not even with the awning itself, actually. I had to pull it off because it was seperating from the coach wall, and I was afraid that it would fall (be pulled by the wind, actually) off. When I did so, I found that of the 20 or so screws that hold the awning on, only about 5 were actually holding onto any material on the coach, and of those, 4 were rusted more than halfway through. I have to say, it is a wonder that the thing held on to the coach as well as it did. I also found out that this was a longstanding problem, as the previous owner had use3d a wire hanger to attach the forward section to the coach. I was just wondering if anyone here had any info on this particular awning, the company, or where to get parts for it. I'm not interested in replacing it, as it seems to be a good quality item as it is. Just needs a bit of TLC.

Aren't most of our coaches just about like that?

Old 01-23-2007, 09:39 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You could try a Dealer that changes out awnings that may toss the hardware for junk and find some parts for what you need.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Lorna, That one works. They have no more snow this morning,But we got 6" last nite. So much for 'Snow showers'. I am hurting after plowing out the drive and walkways and steps. Came in and took a shower and got warm and took some meds to help with pain.
SanjayR, if you don't have any older ma and pa shops around, try rv salvage yards. here is a site to find salvage sites in your area.
www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/rvsalvage.htm

See if these will help, Dan p.s., thank donivon for the link. he gave it to me and it has a bunch of sites and salvage yards that are for us vintage rv'ers. Good luck!!, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Sanjay,
Might try Dr George here in Sacto. They seem to have just about everything for the older coaches. http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/
Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #10

Thanks, SacsTC! That sounds like a plan. Seriously, all I'm looking for is small hardware bits and some info if that can be found. I called the local shop and they say that the awning is likely to be original to the coach (or added recently after purchase). I can easily believe it, as this thing weighs a ton! Well, more like 70-80Lbs. . . When I reinstall it, I will be using cordage and counterweights to make it easier to handle, to be quite sure.