Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
There is a Rubber/Clamp which I can describe but not name that joins 2 pieces of pipe together ,available that makes a great fix for these fittings!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #16

This isn't going to be much help because I dropped my holding tanks and ripped out all my water connections and drains. I also tossed the sink, toilet and shower pan. What I found was all the connections were-press fit and prone to leak. The drain lines were styrene and also prone to crack. And this is on a Gulf Stream. Everything will replaced with marine grade fittings and flexible hoses. My system wasn't built to flex or repair.

PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
This isn't going to be much help because I dropped my holding tanks and ripped out all my water connections and drains. I also tossed the sink, toilet and shower pan. What I found was all the connections were-press fit and prone to leak. The drain lines were styrene and also prone to crack. And this is on a Gulf Stream. Everything will replaced with marine grade fittings and flexible hoses. My system wasn't built to flex or repair.
PeterS
that sounds like a BIG project, good luck! Post pics if you're able.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRV View Post
There is a Rubber/Clamp which I can describe but not name that joins 2 pieces of pipe together ,available that makes a great fix for these fittings!
Do you mean Fernco couplings?
Fernco Flexible Stock Coupling | Plumbing and Drain Flexible Coupling | Fernco
I've used these in the house, they're easy to install and make a nice seal.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaput View Post
Thanks, Planocat. I'm doing the test NightRiderRV suggested and pumped up the water system and letting it sit overnight to see if I've got a leak. I just fixed the shower drain, thanks to RobRV's water supply door trick and I hope that the splash coming from the broken shower drain was what was making the carpet wet. If not, I guess its time to get the toilet off, ugh!
The pump test did reveal that I'm losing pressure somewhere as it kicked on in the morning. My bathroom rug is dry so, hopefully, its not a toilet connection. The search continues...
Old 08-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaput View Post
The pump test did reveal that I'm losing pressure somewhere as it kicked on in the morning. My bathroom rug is dry so, hopefully, its not a toilet connection. The search continues...
Had a leak that i thought was toilet. I opened up access to the water heater from inside the bath and discovered a fitting that is grey in color and the inside of it sheered off and caused the leak. Found the fitting in a package to winterize the pump and now it is fine. we have a 93 Fleetwood.

Tags
bathroom, leak, plumbing, shower