Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:08 AM   #1

Hi, Well I finally got to the point where I thought I should take some pics of the reconstruction. We are at a stand still now because of the weather and all the snow. But we still managed quite a bit.I still have the couch to do. I am using a futon. I need to trim it down to the right size and cover it to match everything else. And we need to caulk the bathroom yet. This is 1978 Shasta class c motorhome. The old lady who sold it to us drove it all the way to Alaska and back. We are from Wisconsin. Unfortunately nobody bothered to empty it after using it. So she sold it to me full of junk.It took a day and half just to empty it.We rebuilt the over head bunk and did a lot of reconstruction in the bathroom. So you get to see the mess.I hope this link works. If it doesn't I will post again later with the right one.Thanks everyone for your help.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cycledaze/album?.dir=/d35a&.src=ph

Karen

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2005, 08:08 AM   #2

Hi, Well I finally got to the point where I thought I should take some pics of the reconstruction. We are at a stand still now because of the weather and all the snow. But we still managed quite a bit.I still have the couch to do. I am using a futon. I need to trim it down to the right size and cover it to match everything else. And we need to caulk the bathroom yet. This is 1978 Shasta class c motorhome. The old lady who sold it to us drove it all the way to Alaska and back. We are from Wisconsin. Unfortunately nobody bothered to empty it after using it. So she sold it to me full of junk.It took a day and half just to empty it.We rebuilt the over head bunk and did a lot of reconstruction in the bathroom. So you get to see the mess.I hope this link works. If it doesn't I will post again later with the right one.Thanks everyone for your help.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cycled...=/d35a&.src=ph

Karen

Old 12-20-2005, 08:27 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Wow, it looks great. Who was living in this rig? They were pretty messy! You have done a great job.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:25 AM   #4

Hi,

Well it wasowned by this elderly woman.She bought itin Texas and drove it home to Wisconsin. Then she took her little grandson on a trip to Alaska with it. After that I think it was used every so often by her kids. Quite the slobs , hey? They didn't leave any persishables onboard.And after getting it emptied I only found one spider(dead) and a few dead ladybugs.So...even though it had junk all over it was pretty clean junk, LOL!

Karen
Old 12-21-2005, 03:46 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Well that is a very good thing, no nasty pests! Looks like you have yourself a very nice rig and hopefully you got it for a good price considering the junk. I hope you enjoy all your camping adventures.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:16 AM   #6

Cylcledaze,
Great cleanup job! Nothing like polishing that diamond-in-the-rough! Now, go and have some fun.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:53 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Karen, congratulations on the Shasta and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as you will this forum. Good luck and have a very merry Christmas.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:33 AM   #8

WOW! What agreat job. Y'all enjoy it a lot more knowing the hard work ya put into it.

Do you have a picture of the outside to post?

Happy trails!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:00 AM   #9

Hi, Hopefully this link works to a pic of the outside. i never thought to take a shot of it from the side. Now its parked in spot that i can't get any good pics.Gotta love that orange and gold stripe!LOL! Merry christmas everyone!

Karen

Old 12-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #10

Well I put it up as my avatar. I guess i don;t know what I am doing exactly with the link thing.

karen
Old 12-29-2005, 07:52 AM   #11

Oh, that brings back memories of ours. It was a 1972 19ft Real Lite with the Dodge 440 engine. We had a lot of fun in it.

Joe

An Indian and a Gypsy

full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote