Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
We bought an '88 Travelcraft 36' and have been extremely happy with the craftsmanship and overall quality of the MH.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have seen EMC Starfire's for crazy low prices on eBay, especially compared to what I paid many years ago, :-) and there are probably some on Craigslist. You'd be hard pressed to find a higher quality coach IMHO. Plus, they are a low profile A class, but drive, handle like a C-Class, one piece fiberglass body, cheaper 16" rims, and you'll probably be one of the only person in town with one for the most part (not that that matters).

StarfireGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #45

omg, EMC Starfire's look wierd as hell. I've about given up on going the rv route. Leasing a spot for one seems too difficult when you have a german shepherd. I'm just looking for an efficiency cabin somewhere, now.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
LOL ! While I wouldn't call the Starfire "weird", it IS different for sure, Some refer to it as Space Shuttle design and some as an Aardvark. I can see both.

Is it the fact you have a dog they are reluctant to lease a space, or that is it a breed issue?
StarfireGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to blacktruck
Arrow My thoughts...

Don't know if you have made the jump yet and bought one or not but I'll share my opinion here anyway because it is a public forum. I recently purchased an 89 Winnebago. 38K miles and very nice shape. Price was right and it was on my way home to pick it up. Used the heck out of it for about eight days or so before I had to leave again. I am impressed with the quality of it. Everything worked as it was supposed to and when I contacted Winnebago for some information, they had it and shared it readily. I'm back out of the country again but am really looking forward to using it again. Had a blast last time and hope for even better next trip. I'm sold on the Winnebago for price and quality and also for being able to get parts if I need them.
Just my opinion here.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #48

Ford Super Duty Owner
starfire

starfires are super cool looking . everybody stops to ask us about it. we love ours. ps. we have a 95 winabago motorhome in great shape we are
going to put up for sale john
Old 08-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
92 American Eagle

We bought the old girl, LOVE it. We spent quite a bit on it, mainly because hubby wasn't home to fix it. He could have most of it, but had to have it done.

I LOVE everything about it, except for me its hard to get some bays and the engine cover open. they are just heavy and I'm getting old!

But driving it is a pleasure. I had a smaller Winnie, newer, and very nice but I fought the wind all the time with it. Not this one, this old gal sits the road good. It will likely be our last motorhome.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #50

Vintage RV Owners Club
We really love our 89 Winnebago Superchief. It is a Chevy chassis with a 454. We got it real cheap and it is all original and everything works.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #51

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Parents had a Foretravel, nice but heavy due to the construction. Built in blender and all the works too.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #52

rockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Rockwood View Post
Foretravel and Rockwood. I got our Rockwood for under 2200.00. Check your local Craigslist. You may want to go a little older than the last decade. My 87 Rockwood has all you need. Bed rooms/kitchen/oven/stove/gen/forced hot air heater/hot water/AC. Could of had as optional equipment central vac. What you will not get is washer/drier and slide outs. But if it is old enough you can cheaply register it as a "antique" car.
I have seen to date (4) rockwood class A with sliders.. They did make them.. when almost nobody else did.. in 1988. Very popular in austrailia.

I also saw a rockwood classic in 1988 in san diego at the rv show with washer and dryer and bedroom exterior door.

They also made tailgate models with second living room in rear, non bedroom and no shower, just 1/2 bath.

To the group: FYI rockwoods come with solid oak cabinets built by the amish and are built rock solid. Most handsome coach on the road. Highly recommended if you want quality.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I always liked the Holiday Rambler of the 1984-1989 period. I recently bought mine fully loaded with every option, 50K miles decent tires window awnings, Love it, Stole It!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #54

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here is my 1988 HRC

Love the camper and is built like a rock
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	26094   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	387.2 KB
ID:	26095  

Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	26096  
Old 09-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelly116 View Post
Love the camper and is built like a rock
I LIKE YOUR UNIT, I HAD TO LOOK OUT THE WINDOW AND MAKE SURE MINE WAS STILL THERE!

Jkell116; How many older units do you find in the HR Club? I starteid to join, then i got cold feet because i thought these guy's are all running the new HR's which i have nothing in common with.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #56

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to whid1
We bought a vintage RV she is 22 yrs and is a cream puff she is a 1990 Vogue Prima Vista well taken care of built on a Coach chassis built by Michel with a V8 300T turbo Cat. with a 4 speed Allison transmission with a built in retarder with cruise control
She has central heating, A/C full shower, satellite TV (small tv) 7.5 Onan gen, Queen size,bed, 100 gal fresh water, 150 gal of fuel and 100 gal gray she weights in at 34042# and many extras that was installed before RVs started to become popular. the orginal cost for her was approximately 278K out for the manufactures building to drive away. We were lucky we are the second owners of the beauty. We were looking for a long time for an RV and by chance though the word of mouth we herd of this one and made a call to the owner and asked what they were asking for her. We asked to take a look at her and her location.
We were told she was in Wickenburg, Az We scheduled the owner to meet and viewed all paper work all paper work was there and data and books on the bus repairs and etc. This coach only had 69k miles on her and was like brand new. So the whole story comes down to Look wait until you find the one you want and you fall in love with her and you can pay for her. we were blessed,

Tags
motorhome