Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
booths in class C

Have a class C that has booth/table , with the sofa across from it . I would like to take out the booth and table and put in a couple of comfortable chairs and build a swing up/down small table to eat off of or to use computer. etc. has anyone made this switch before? I would love top hear what others have done in this type of modification
Thanks

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #2

Before you make any decisions on removing the dinette you need to see what is under the seats. Mine has the furnace and duck work along with electrical lines. Just a thought.

Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #3

Tom, if things are clear under the Boothe you are good to go, we just did something like you are describing, we had two Apt sized Recliners made, and built a table in between.....the floor will also have to be considered.....
Old 07-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Our old C had nothing under the booth, so that would have been easy. Our couch was not next to it, so that is different. You certainly want to look under both to see what you have to deal with to accomplish your goals. Once you do this, report back and I'm sure we can help.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
I wanted to do the same but one side of our booth houses the furnace. No go for us.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:08 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
thanks everyone for the info and advise. I checked and there is nothing under the booths. now to look for two chairs that would look and fit in the space. I can do woodworking and have the tools so I will build a small table that can swing up when needed and swing down from wall when not needed. will let you all know when work is done with pictures. underneath the booths is carpet just like the rest, but am considering T&G hardwood floor
Old 07-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #7

Tom, I have a 1997 Four Winds class C, one year older than yours and I am in the process of doing the same thing. Nothing under the seats except seat belt anchors and storage that I am not using. I removed the table and seating this weekend, talk about long screws man they were long. One issue was with the angle iron structure used for the anchor point for the seat belts. There was only one under the forward facing bench seat. When Thor built the coach they used carriage bolts but the angle iron had round holes for the anchor points. The bolts and nuts underneath were rusted and with the carriage bolts without an anchor point in the angle iron the head on top just spun around.

So I had an angle grinder and a 16 year old Grandson, I matched the two up and about three hours the frame was out.

With the booth and table out there is quite a bit of room for two recliners and probably as you said a small table also.

In looking at the empty space and looking at the doorway opening I will probably have to use Lego recliners, the wife vetoed the lawn chair recliners.

Let me know what brand recliners you use unless you make your own?
ReelTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ron, sounds like you are well on your way there! and yes those loving wives can "veto" down things when they want, lol! good luck on your project and wish me luck also and thank you gor the heads up on the bolts.

Tags
class c