Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Brake parts 1988 Fleetwood Limited

1988 Fleetwood Limited John Deere chassis Ford 460 7.5L engine
looking for a brake part that the book calls a Brake Booster Pump
it is v-belt driven does anyone have an idea where to look. I have looked at the John Deere dealer no luck. E-bay ????

Thanks for the help
kbibbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #2

try your local ford dealer, just a WAG but the brakes may be hydraulicly power assisted rather the vacuum assisted
Bumperfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
John Deere chassis are now part of Freightliner. Give them a call & they will give you a Ford part number so you can order it locally or order it from them. They have been very helpful to me in the past.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #4

If you call Freightliner and they have no clue what you are taking about, most of the MT35/45 parts can be cross referenced to the JD numbers. I think that is the same pump used on the power steering (Saginaw 710 pump but PLEASE verify this, I'm working off of a failing memory), and if so you should be able to get it just about anywhere.

And if you need brake hardware / rotors / pads I found this place: http://stepvanpart.com/john-deere-os...rdware-w-o-abs
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #5

Kbibbers, That brake booster pump should be the same as a power steering pump off a 460 engine made in the 80s. You should be able to take a good look at yours and pick one up at a junk yard off a 1980- 1988 Ford F250 or 350 with a 460 motor and a carburetor intake. I have a 89 John Deere Chassis 460 motor and all the parts so far I've needed came off a 1987, F250. If you want you could take yours off and take it to you local auto parts store and match it up. Let me know what you find out. I will try and help you all I can.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #6

if you take it to a good truck parts house they can take the part # off of yours and use their cross reference apps. not autozone or kragen. the computer programs are great. they did it for my idler pulley ass. for my 8.3 (looks like the one on my 5.9, but they are indexed differently).
wonderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Found pump at local parts store thanks for the help
kbibbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbibbers View Post
Found pump at local parts store thanks for the help
Brand and part number?
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #9

i need help on this chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsmith45 View Post
Kbibbers, That brake booster pump should be the same as a power steering pump off a 460 engine made in the 80s. You should be able to take a good look at yours and pick one up at a junk yard off a 1980- 1988 Ford F250 or 350 with a 460 motor and a carburetor intake. I have a 89 John Deere Chassis 460 motor and all the parts so far I've needed came off a 1987, F250. If you want you could take yours off and take it to you local auto parts store and match it up. Let me know what you find out. I will try and help you all I can.
i have run down many parts at carqest for this frame, but now have a big problem steering the beast.i am new at this i hope i have done this entry correctly?
ked454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, fleetwood