Another week another bit of progress. Here's what we've been up to.
When last we left freebie............ it looked like this
This is where I began to rebuild what the water "f'ed up". I started with rebuilding the outer walls of the closet and the shower.
I then decided to change the lay out of the closet slightly by dropping the bottom shelf down to the top of the old generator box, and added another wall to box in the vent pipes and the medicine cabinet.
Next was adding in some framing to the bottom of the tub and the closet to give that 1/2" ply wood something to grab to and make it more sound and just using the 2 outer walls and those 3/4x3/4" interior walls.
I also modified the old vanity cabinet in the bathroom. it originally had a Hamper in it that didn't hold much of anything. so we opted to make the cabinet deeper and the hamper (top shelf) was converted in to toilet paper and chemical storage.
with that done and some new wiring for all the rear lighting, the plywood was added to the back wall.
Next up was the rest of the back end. I decided instead of building one huge wall piece, I would do 3 smaller pieces using the new wall and new outer walls as the main support with the topper of the plywood frame and the last roof frame as tie in's it would be stronger than original. with that being the case I started on the frame for the closet section. and got it mounted in to place.
Next up was the shower wall. I got the frame made and test fit in place.
Next up I got the lauan nailed on and permanently mounted the piece.
now to the last but most trying part of this whole rear build. the rear window panel. I temporarily mounted the tin back on to get a location measurement for the rear window then took it all back down to start construction. when it was all said and done this was what I test fit on to place.
when I was happy with the fit I pulled it out and skinned it. here is the final product.
I then got to make the final roof section. once that was all build and make the box for the new fan I put it up in place for a final test fit. The pics you see are right before I screwed it all down.
since we were running out of daylight and the wife got home from work we made a mad dash and got one final thing done.........
The insulation is on! that was all done in just under an hour with Keri, Myself, and our oldest boy Trace (10) working together. I hope we move this fast when we start putting on the roof insulation.
I have a few more wiring things to work out and then it's back to the roof to get it insulated and then the plywood installed so I can put the roof back on this puppy! I can't wait.
I know it's a lot of work but the sense of accomplishment and all the comments from those watching this build are worth it. (there is a little grocery store across the street from my parents house where I am building this and the regulars all gather there and watch us build. of course word has got around to the busy bodies and people drive by and when they see me they have to ask me about it. Gotta love small towns. it's funny.) that's about all I got done this week. I will be back at it soon and hope to have another up date for you next week.
have a good one and thanks for looking......