OK kids...... Time for another update.....
I got some good but chilly weather to work in and got some things accomplished. First things first. I got to take the cover completely off this time and proceeded to cut and pop in all my insulation. Got Keri(wifey) to help me out with it and made quick work.
***SIDE NOTE*** I tried this and it made things much easier on the insulation. I got all the measurements and jotted them down on some paper and gave them all numbers then using a sharpie I wrote the number and measurements on the space I was putting the insulation in. I then took all 86 measurements down to the work table and began cutting them all out, numbering them as i went. we then got back up on the roof and began dropping them in to place. other than minor trimming it went great. and only had to make a couple of up and down trips to get all stuff to the roof.
***now back to your regularly scheduled thread**
once the insulation was in place it was time for the ply wood. here is how that went. I laid them out perpendicular to the frames so I could lock them together when they were all screwed down. I started on the drivers side and worked my way to the back. I had to offset the front piece to get it to line up with the frame work.the second lines up behind it but I did need to make a 2 1/4" trim and a notch for the gray water tank vent.
you can also see my numbering scheme in the insulation.
Next I moved to the bath room piece on the very back. I originally was going to split this in half as with the rest of the roof but once I took the measurements and saw how small the piece was going to be, I just cut it from one piece of ply wood and put it up. I test fit it up there and took my pencil and traced out the roof vent then took measurements to locate the hole for the black water tank vent and put it back down on the table and cut the holes. once cut I popped it up on the roof and it fell right in to place first shot! ( I was so proud of my self.....)
The roof to this point.
Next up was to cut the plywood that covered all the vent holes. once that was done it was on with more plywood. I put up the passenger side starting with the piece closer to the bathroom since I had some extra cutting to do for the fridge vent. once that was cut I laid down the glue and screwed it down.
Now the final piece. I took the measurements and cut it down to fit the space I had left. I only had to trim 6 1/4" from the front to get it right. once trimmed I glued and screwed it down as well.
Here is the roof with all the plywood in place.
It got dark on me before I could get the first piece trimmed and the vent holes cut the rest of the way out but I will get on that this week in the mornings before work.(I work second shift BTW) I am also trying to track down a new piece of rubber for the roof. the original was in good shape but If I can buy a new one, I would rather. I will keep you posted. that's all for now but I will have more soon! Next is finishing up the interior work before paint!