Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #43

Ummm, I'm not so sure that the "bump" emoticon was entirely appropriate there, Cap. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
A bigger Bump would have been better but that was the only size so....

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #45

yeah wrecking my truck sucks. I hope to get something settled this week but right now the ins. people are being asses. they gave me a $1000 penalty on my truck because I have 2 places where the paint has bubbled up. I was in the process of ordering new bedsides for it to fix this before the wreck. but the adjuster took an estimate and they took that dollar amound and deducted it from the value of the truck. I am fighting this one out because my truck was only valued @ 3350 any way. by the time all the penalties are applied and my deductable, I would get 1400 if they take my truck, and 900 if I get to keep it. I am getting hosed!

As far as Freebie goes, I have got the rubber roof. and the glue is ordered. It will be in tomorrow. I am also looking for the tape. I hope to pick it up from the same place but all they have is the aluminum backed stuff and I was hoping for white. I will keep you posted.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:57 PM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
hey buddy, How goes the battle??
Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #47

Been awhile-how you doing????.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Freebie, We haven't heard anything for awhile, Hows it coming anyway??
Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
I hope we didn't loose him like inalabama...
Old 04-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #50

Hey Y'all. Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I got a new schedule at work and things are a lot more busy. I had to take the winter off from Freebie but now that the weather has improved greatly I got back on it. I have been wanting to get back to work now I can and I am happy. I got he roof stuff finished up and my vents on. I am curren't getting all my wiring in for the boat load of lights I am adding and I am getting the sheetmetal on the back tonight. I am taking pics and will get them up loaded soon!

Update on my truck, I did end up getting 2800 bucks out of the insurance. I took the money and put it in to another truck I had in storage. I may post pics up of it later. it's to be my new daily and how I spent my winter. I hope to have it done in a few weeks.

but fear not fellow Vintage RV'ers I am back and on the road to completion and you can ride shotgun! (if you want to)

Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #51

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Buddy!!! We are sure glad you are OK and things are working your way once more!!!!!!! Glad to see you back, Dan
Old 04-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #52

Yepper-the family has been wondering about it's long lost son,good to hear from ya.

Gar
Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 AM   #53

Hey guys! I am back with another update. I have been busy. I got all the back sheet metal on and the new markerlights are wired and ready for new markers. Needless to say when you get to see this you are going to know there is no way you are going to miss Freebie at night.

So I got the metal on all the seal tape on the roof, and even sealed all the corners to asure NO leaks. I got a new flange fabricated for my bathroom fan and put all the vents back on the room and double sealed them. once with the silicone roof sealer, and then the seal tape on top. I only have the trim on the edge to put on to finish it up on the back and side but I am waiting to get the front end sheet metal on to do that. Hey do I Have to wait? because over the winter one of my tarps got a small leak and it leaked right on the bottom of the over head bunk so I have to replace that 3/4" ply wood again.(ugh) Oh well it could be worse.

Some of the other stuff that is done so far, I finished the bath room last night including a new door. I also got all the new shelves in the closet. all I have to do for the back half is to add my trim and paint.

I had a boat load of pics but for some reason most of them got corrupted some how and I can't see or share them. I do have some that I plan to share with you soon but I am at work and can't get them to upload right now. I will try again at lunch. I also have some pics of me installing my EPDM on the roof that I don't think I got go post. so I will put those up as well.

I am Hoeing the short rows as they say. I have to hammer down on this because Freebie has a dead line. My wife and I have reservations for our first camp out at Kinkaid Lakes resort in Falmouth KY Memorial day weekend. I won't have the out side painted like I wanted but I will have the inside done and the mechanicals finished by then. I really wanted Paint done but I will have it done by our trip to TN at the end of June.

Thanks for reading and I am glad to be back.

More talk and updates soon!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #54

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey there Buddy! Glad to see you getting ready to travel! It has been a long one for you and I am glad to see you almost ready to reap the harvest!! I wish I was on my schedule, but Not ...
Fleamarketer and a couple of others are in the middle of theirs right now and I am slowly getting my materials together for the Kitchen. Things are slow but getting...ready.
Hang in there buddy!! Dan
Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #55

fantastic work on Freebie Arin...

you replied to a request to help me seal my roof on craigslist and i am just getting back to that link you sent me...

very impressed....

show us MORE!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:44 AM   #56

OK Kids! Yeah I know I know, it's been too long. I apologize. I have been spending every waking momnet away from work on Freebie trying to make that Memorial day weekend deadline. Unfortunately due to all the rain around here I didn't make it so I put my time off this past weekend in to it and I am in a lot better shape.

So when we last left you Freebie Looked alot like this

So it my last bit of work before winter was the EPDM.

Here is is all trimmed up and ready for seal tape.

Next was to tape it up and get all the vents on and sealed.

I also got all the wiring for my hoard of marker lights before I got the top edges sealed up and moved on to the back end. I got all the wiring on the back as well then got the sheetmetal back on and seal taped.

Now with this work done I got to move on to the bath room to finish up in there. I got the new tile board all up and glued in place.

added some bracing to get good adhesion.

got it all done and added a new skin to the divider wall. I really wanted to take it out but it supports the roof and couldn't.