Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #57

With the Bathroom ready for paint, time to move on to the Closet. with it gutted I decided to as some shelves instead of the clothes rod to get more clothes in the closet. so we made up some of these:

we test fitted them and then nailed them in.

Next goes the tile board...

Now the rear is ready for paint.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #58

With the rear ready to paint I moved back up to the over head bunk where the winter ripped a tarp and let water drip in the base for the bunk. so I had to replace it. that meant taking it all apart to replace. Not really the happiest thing for me to do, but it had to be done. so I took the sheet metal off and braced up the front.

got the board out and tossed it in the driveway.

Here's a shot from the inside.

I picked up a new sheet of 3/4" plywood and cut it to fit and got it reinstalled.

I also added some extra support to help hold the front up.

once that was all in and done I finally got to put all the Sheet metal back on the front.

Once the sheet metal was back on I got to run the wire for all the new marker lights.

Next was putting in all the insulation and then I got to put in the bead board for the bunk.

After this was done the only thing other than trim to do was the slider shelf for the bed.

One bad part of this is I broke a window and I had to have one made for it. it will be 2 weeks before I get it back, which will put be real close to vacation but I don't really have a choice now. Oh well.

Final part of this update is the electrical the little unit they had in this was messed up so i bought a new 6 space box and put it in. I got is all wired up minus the ground bar that I am picking up tomorrow and then all the electrical will be done.

I do this stuff for a living so keeping thing neat and organized is the only way to go.

Now you are up to date. I am back at it tomorrow and sunday I hope to get an update to you soon after!

Have a great weekend and thanks for following along!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Looks really good freebie!!! I am glad to see someone getting there coach's finished! I am about done. will tell all on mine, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WooHoo!! Go Arin! This is so great watching your progress. I owned a Six bay RV Repair business in Fairbanks for a while and got to watch our techs do the same stuff you are doing right now, and from your pictures..I'D HIRE YA! Good Job Dude!
AkTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #61

Its looking nice . It sucks you had to tear the bunk apart again because of the leak . I went though the same with my roof so far , but I figure its better to do it right now . Can't wait to see when you finish yours . Keep up the good work .
Old 06-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #62

Thanks for the comments. AkTrek I would take you up on that but I hear the winters up there are a little long. I am more of a hot and sunny kind of guy.

Forcedfab, it does suck but I would rather get it done now than to have to go back with what I started with. I am curious to see how you are doing on your MH right now. keep me posted.

Well Kids we have been back at it again. Got to working on Freebie and have got a lot accomplished. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I got back to work on the electrical and wanted to get it in a place that was easy to access. So I after I put on my ground bar for the breaker box I made a stand of some " plywood and screwed the box to it.

With that ready to go I got in to the dinette area. My older son accidentally crushed one of the seat boxes. I am sure the wood was bad but I had to give him grief over it. So I rebuilt it as well as took out the last window to seal and replaced the last piece of Luaun board.

Here is the new breaker box in it's new home

And how I laid out the electrical

After this is all done I moved on to the trim work. I got all the corner and seam pieces in place so I could get ready to paint.

WooHoo!!!! It's finally time to paint! First up a good coat of primer to lighten up all that dark veneer.

Next was a few coats of Yellow.

I am so excited. I am getting started on the drawers and cabinet doors tonight and hope to have all the paint work (including the clear polyurethane on the bunk) done by this weekend so I can move on to the new floor and the ceiling. I only have to other items to install to call the interior done. That's my bathroom fan / light combo and the new roof top air unit.

I will be back with more updates as they ocuur.

Stay tuned.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #63

Its looking very nice .... you do good work , can't wait to see it done . Hopefully I'll have an update on mine soon .
Old 06-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #64

Vintage RV Owners Club
Great Job Freebie!!! Looks great!! Glad someone is getting work done..Slow but sure for me, Getting into a slowdown right now but should pick up later in the summer.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:54 AM   #65

Thanks guys. Forcedfab, GET BACK TO WORK!!!! No lollygagging around on the net Till you get some work done!!!

Dan why are things slow? just the desert heat getting to you, or running out of things to do?

Arin

Old 06-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #66

Vintage RV Owners Club
Both!! And to make things worse I am going to have to replace the A/C as it is acting up! Just what i didn't need!! Thats the 13th for ya!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:52 AM   #67

Oh Man that sucks. esp. since you happen to be in one of the Hottest friggin locales.

Hope it gets fixed for ya.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Out of curiosity, why canary yellow? Not saying its bad, but for the interior you have, a two tone of canary yellow on the lower half, and a nice crisp white on the upper would have been smashing. Add a nice line of chair railing and you'd have a rig with some SERIOUS class

Currently painting up a new wall panel, ripped out the ruined paneling in my dinette area (Water leak caused it to delam, fortunately no bad water damage to the structural members).
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:28 AM   #69

Joseph, I did the yellow because we are doing yellow on the outside when I paint it. as far as a white. we do have some white in there. all of the cabinets are white. we also added black to the trim work. I just finished the over head bunk last night. I did it in a clear Polyuerathine. I have pics but forgot to bring the memory card to work to post them. I will get them up soon. I have the inside done now as far as painting. I also got the cab stripped out to put in my new seats and flooring and paint the panels. I hope to be on the floor by the weekend. Keri is getting ready to do the ceiling. we are doing a textured wall paper on it. I showed the work to my cousin who is an interior decorator and she thought it turned out really well. she swore we rebuilt the cabinets and stuff, saying that the paint opened up the interior. She's usually the first to say she doesn't like something but shockingly she was pretty impressed. I'm Not a bad decorator for a guy, huh?

More pics soon.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:05 AM   #70

Hey guys. back again with an update. last we left you I had most of my yellow painted. when I got back at it we got started on the cabinets. I had a nice rice paper white to put on those.

While that was drying I got to the paint in the bathroom. here I am hard at work......

and the sand color drying....

while the cabinets finished drying I decided to tackle the interior of the drivers compartment and get it stripped out and ready for new seats, flooring and paint.....

Heres some of the new black paint on the interior panels

Since I had the Black paint out and the cabinets were all dry it was time to trim.

Next up was to paint the cabinet doors.

after all that was dry, I moved on to the floor and put down my flooring. we used some self stick linoleum tile for this.

I finally got to the ceiling but I don't have pics yet. I will have them soon. we used a textured wall paper on it and it turned out pretty well. I am getting closer every day. I hope to get it out this season. cross your fingers.

Until next time.......