Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #1

cant find water pump

This is a trailer i picked up im fixin for my daugter. wife, and I to camp in, i had been a rv tech for a while since in Alaska, but for the life of me i cannot find the water pump on this trailer its a 1969 drake or duke not sure its wore off pretty bad, travel trailer, i think maybe they used a weir pressure system on these early ones because it has a large freshwater tank that looks like a compressor tank that is plummed into the waterheater with copper line...

floors are pretty bad so im replacing them, and probably wall board too and some ceiling.. aint nothing but a little sweat tho. :trink40:

Anyone have any ideas?

Skip

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
greythorn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
My first trailer was a 1969 Coachmen Cadet that I bought used in 1973, it had the presureized water system. It didn't have a water pump if I recall correctly, there was a shrader air valve for pumping in air pressure to the tank and there was also a hand pump at the kitchen sink.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
My first trailer was a 1969 Coachmen Cadet that I bought used in 1973, it had the presureized water system. It didn't have a water pump if I recall correctly, there was a shrader air valve for pumping in air pressure to the tank and there was also a hand pump at the kitchen sink.

wow that would be heck to use the shower in this trailer then! check out this weird toilet in it, maybe thats a pump on top the toilet, i guess i will look for a schrader valve,

heres the tank and water heater

label on the tank

Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Look on the outside of the trailer at the front right corner. On the fitting that the tank is filled at, isn't there an air valve on there?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
Look on the outside of the trailer at the front right corner. On the fitting that the tank is filled at, isn't there an air valve on there?

wow theres some number on the cap maybe thats pressure numbers its so sun damaged i cant read it, man your right there is a shrader my the city water connection! your a genius! i wondered what was up with the crazy waterfill!

guess i could carry one of them 12v electric pumps and pressure it up every now and then for showers and such

Old 06-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
An option is to find a used/totaled truck camper, pull the 30 gallon plastic step tank from it and then remove the old steel air tank, install the camper fresh tank in its place and put a new 12 volt water pump in its place and plumb it right to where the old steel unit used to be.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
An option is to find a used/totaled truck camper, pull the 30 gallon plastic step tank from it and then remove the old steel air tank, install the camper fresh tank in its place and put a new 12 volt water pump in its place and plumb it right to where the old steel unit used to be.

i think im going to keep the pressure system, give it a whirl, i can plumb a pump into the steel tank later if i want, they are pretty simple.. i can keep a small electric air pump to recharge the air pressure system. sounds like fun anyhow.