Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #1

Captian's Chairs Seat Belts?

The 1993 Damon Challenger that I am looking at has lap belts only for the driver's side and passenger side captain's chairs, no shoulder harness? I have looked at other Damon motorhomes from that era that are posted for sale and they appear to have lap belts only as well. I just thought that seemed odd not having a shoulder harness. Am I missing something here or is it just that these motorhomes from that era were not required to have both lap belt and shoulder harness? Thanks in advance!

Mike
Mike Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
we have a 99 it has lap belts only
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:34 PM   #3

When the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards started requiring first seat belts and then belts and shoulder harnesses all builders complied. Before they were mandatory they were "recommended" and some builders complied and others did not. No fines involved for not putting them in when recommended, but big ones for not having them when required. If you don't have them and there's no evidence that a subsequent owner removed them, they were not required.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #4

Thanks guys! Tell you what, I am really "liking" this 1993 Damon Challenger! I have searched and found very few of these old motor homes for sale (Owner satisfaction or very few built?) and have not come across any owners who really have any negative things to say about them! I guess I will have to wait and see if this gentleman will decide to sell in the next few months and hopefully the price will be right! Thanks again for the seatbelt input!

Mike
Mike Brown is offline   Reply With Quote