Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #1

Chevrolet P30 Mallard Sprinter MH 6.2 V8

Hi All,

I am new to this group and owning a Motorhome. I decide to get something a little retro so I bought an old Chevy MH made by Mallard. I am based in Ireland so engine parts could be tricky to get - does anyone have any advice. I am completely refurbishing the interior as it had a lot of damp. I can handle that - but engines are my weakness so any thoughts about where I can easily buy engine parts such as a timing belt etc would be appreciated.

The base model is a Chevy P30 van 6.2L V8.

Thanks, Andy.

Irish Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Will these guys ship to you?
https://www.rockauto.com/

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #3

You listed the 6.2 V8, so that is the Diesel engine, correct? Parts for them are pretty common as Chevrolet made it for about 20 years.
Good luck with it.
Tidy Tabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #4

The 6.2 Diesel is a very solid engine.I worked at a GM dealer 30 years and saw very few failures with the engines. The biggest failure we saw were with the Fuel Injection pumps specifically the governor ring inside the pump. These rings were made of plastic and would flake apart and plug the fuel return valve at the top of the injection pump. Make sure to change fuel filters and check for rust inside the old filters by cutting them open. If rust is found, the source of the rust is the fuel tank, which will need to be replaced or repaired.

Tags
p30