Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
city water hook-up

Hi,
It appears we got the chassis battery discharging problem solved.I hope.
the next problem that has me stumped is when we hook up to city water supply it seems to just drain out an overflow tube.What am I doing wrong?,do I need to open or close something before starting up the water? Hope you can help cause I'm stumped. Peabody

Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #2

Look for a holding tank fill valve somewhere in your wet bay. It sounds like your holding tank is full and is overflowing. Closing the valve stops the flow of city water to the tank but not the rv.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
update on city water hookup

DH and I have been going nuts reading owners manuals and other books trying to figure out why the water was running out the overflow tube.We have come to the conclusion that these books were wrote by idiots cause they tell you nothing important,lol .So yesterday Gerald is out looking under the coach and at the water heater and he gets up and promptly walks into the awning pole almost knocking himself out and putting a huge scrape and bump on his forehead,must of done the trick because he came inside looked under the sink nothing there.Now what he did next he doesn't know why but he pulled the drawer out that's under the oven and there they were in all their glory the valves that open and close the water system.One quick turn to close them and we now have water After weeks of looking and reading, it took a bump to the head to get the brain cells working like the authors of the manuals Peabody
Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
Hi,
It appears we got the chassis battery discharging problem solved.I hope.
the next problem that has me stumped is when we hook up to city water supply it seems to just drain out an overflow tube.What am I doing wrong?,do I need to open or close something before starting up the water? Hope you can help cause I'm stumped. Peabody
There are two possible answers

One: Has been addressed (Quick fill valve either in the "FILL" position or.. As I found out the easy way, half way between "Fill" and "Use")

Two: Some rigs have TWO city water inlets.. One to fill the tank, one to flush the toilet and shower and wash hands & dishes and so on
Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
DH and I have been going nuts reading owners manuals and other books trying to figure out why the water was running out the overflow tube.We have come to the conclusion that these books were wrote by idiots cause they tell you nothing important,lol .So yesterday Gerald is out looking under the coach and at the water heater and he gets up and promptly walks into the awning pole almost knocking himself out and putting a huge scrape and bump on his forehead,must of done the trick because he came inside looked under the sink nothing there.Now what he did next he doesn't know why but he pulled the drawer out that's under the oven and there they were in all their glory the valves that open and close the water system.One quick turn to close them and we now have water After weeks of looking and reading, it took a bump to the head to get the brain cells working like the authors of the manuals Peabody
Ahh - I see you found the water system drain valves - you should also find the exterior water shut-off valve and under the kitchen sink, on ours, is the ice maker drain and purifier shut-off.

It is fun isn't it??

Take care ---

Buck