Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #1

Coleman mach 3 model#7333-887

I have been trying to get my a/c straightened out, the compressor trys to start a couple times and makes humming noise and bogs my generator down and usually the third try it starts and runs. I have found some information online and ohmed out my compressor it checks fine I also checked the 2 capacitors I believe they are fan and run capacitors and they check fine too. Every other post I have seen with this problem points to a start capacitor or relay but I don't see one in this unit. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #2

How is it on shore power?

I was thinking maybe the genset has dirty slip rings...

Old 06-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi from Canada I had an issue with our front a/c (09 43' phaeton with 3 a/c units). On start up a/c would hum then trip the breaker. Went up removed cover had wife start front a/c and it would not start so I gave it a spin by hand (fan blades) and it then ran on it's own. Thus it was the start capacitor, took #2 a/c unit apart traded capacitors ran fine. This is just trouble shooting you still have to turn off power while working on each unit. Hope this helps. Found capacitors inside metal cover beside compressor.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #4

dwhit I tried shoreline plug and it works, boy I feel stupid I don't know why I didn't think to try that first, thank you I really appreciate it. Adrianr this unit for whatever reason doesn't have a start capacitor just 2 a run and fan capacitor, but it works now anyways. thank you I appreciate it
Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #5

I'm glad it worked...

I've fixed all of my own problems with reading archives and posting issues with this forum. I'm fortunate my contributions are occasionally helpful as payback.