Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2015, 11:13 PM   #1

Converter blew out need one asap help me

Converter just blew out tonight need one asap. like tomorrow or Wednesday morning.

Anyone got one near Morgantown wv, to Cumberland md, areas where I can pick it up asap.
skyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #2

Converters come in all shapes and sizes.
Can you post a make and model number of what your looking for.
Mine blew last year while in my snowbird park, made do with a 15 amp battery charger, till Camping World delivered to the park UPS. 2 days.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:21 AM   #3

Well the charger is an option but i just want a converter. It's from 78 and I have no info on it. However I only have a few thing on it like the 12v side of the furnace, the charging, the lights and water pump that's it. I would guess mine is no more than 30 amp
Old 08-04-2015, 08:38 AM   #4

Sky,

Progressive Dynamics is one of the best.
Order a PC9245CV and get next day shipping from Amazon.
That is probably your best option.

I did a lot of boat work before the Depression and installed many PD units. I still like them.

Matt
Old 08-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #5

Amazon, ebay, and all won't help me I need it today or tomorrow morning at the latest.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Long term I would recommend you get a Progressive Dynamics replacement from Randy at Best Converters. If your converter is a stand alone get a 9200 series If it's part of your power center they have another line that should work better.

Or upgrade to an Inverter/Converter

For now.. A smart charger should work you may need to manually re-start it from time to time but it should work and you can get one at your local Auto Parts place.

Handy device to have in any case.. I'd get one at least 30-50 amps in the CHARGE mode (not boost mode)
Old 08-04-2015, 09:48 AM   #7

If you can't find a converter, go to a marine store like West Marine for a smart charger. It will get you by for now.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:08 AM   #8

I did get a converter now I can actually fully charge my coach battery while powering light and the pump. My old was a 30 amp I got a 40 now

Tags
converter