Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #1

Dash Air 95 Georgie Boy 454

I caught in a lock down on the road yesterday evening it starting running real warm so I turn the dash air off. Today I could never get it to blow any cold air. Could it have blown a fuse some where? It had been working at least some but all it blows now is hot air. Where do I start??
okie mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2016, 09:09 AM   #2

Unfortunately the high temps may have caused a leak in the system .
Check, visually, to see if the compressor clutch is cycling while the engine is running , if it does not then you'll have to locate the systems low pressure switch to check for 12v power to the switch ; and through the switch when the engine is running . This will give you an indication that you have lost refrigerant from your system .
I have a picture of the low pressure switch in my system I'll post it so you know what to look for.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:37 AM   #3

Here's the picture of a low pressure switch , if you have 12v power to the switch and none though it you will have to have your system checked for leaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	130958  
Old 06-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #4

OK, I'll check that next, the comp doesn't kick on when it is turned on. The shop told me it was the switch on the high pressure line with the 4 wires on it. Replaced it this morning and still had nothing. I will check this other switch before I do any thing else.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:41 AM   #5

Where do I look if I have 12 volts from both sides of the switch ? Is there a fuse are breaker for the compressor? Thanks Ronnie
Old 06-26-2016, 06:02 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hello,
My dash air on my PA works but won't cool off the rest of coach. I start the Gennie and turn on 1 of my Rooftop AC units and am a cool cat driving down the HWY.
I don't even bother anymore using the dash Air.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie mopar View Post
Where do I look if I have 12 volts from both sides of the switch ? Is there a fuse are breaker for the compressor? Thanks Ronnie
The compressor is powered through the low pressure switch , the lubrication oil for the compressor circulates with the refrigerant , and the system won't allow the clutch to engage if the pressure is low. Power through the switch should indicate enough pressure for the system to operate.
Can you access the wire to the compressor clutch and test for power there ?
Can you look for the name , Evans , anywhere on the A/C system , they're a major supplier of RV , A/C systems and I think I have a wiring diagram for their systems.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:44 AM   #8

aircon problem with 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie mopar View Post
OK, I'll check that next, the comp doesn't kick on when it is turned on. The shop told me it was the switch on the high pressure line with the 4 wires on it. Replaced it this morning and still had nothing. I will check this other switch before I do any thing else.
I had the same problem due to an air leak on the vacuum under dash switch.
Upon acceleration the cold air disappears sometimes and blows hot air.
I replaced the vacuum tubes and the problem disappeared.
Could also be a sticky switch on the vacuum.
KeithV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
454, dash, dash air