Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #43

It seems all the new RV resorts in Michigan are using the MH/5er <10 yrs only rule. I asked about it when one opened up 20 miles from us and was doing a 2fer1 grand opening weekend. They say it's in response to customer input. That's what their target customer group asks for and is willing to pay hansomely for. Mostly retired, no kids, newer coaches and trailers, looking for a quiet and peacefull place to relax without, packs of kids and dogs, and "yard" parties until midnight.

I don't blame 'em. It was peacefull and relaxing. Anyway Michigan has hundreds, if not thousands of state, county and city campgrounds, so there's no shortage of campsites for those who want the family atmosphere. To each his own!
Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #44

I had not heard of this till about two weeks ago.A campground around virden manitoba, Canada will no longer allow old motorhomes in thier seasonal sights.
I think this is awful.
I have not heard of it anywhere else.
Just hoping we don't run into this!!
PS: when we bought our motorhome (1979 Empress 22 ft class A) we had a hard time finding second hand rv's that were vintage. The newer ones were very expensive . While there are very few older home for sale. Drive around the winter storage lots and there are tons!!
Now is it because the new ones cost so much or the old ones are built better??

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
veercan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Havn't had it as yet but since we have rebuilt it it really isn't a 1979,but more like a 2007!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
veercan, most use the 10 year rule as a means to keep out trashy trailers. We have never had a problem with ours. If it is on the net, email them a picture and they can see a well loved RV.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #47

I just hope they look at the rv and realize that we do take care of it.
The campground at virden is also owned by an rv dealer...convenient huh??

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 08-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #48

The biggest thing we used to worry about was weather they would allow the dog. Now we got to worry about keeping up with the jone's or being left out....how sad!!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 08-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We stayed at a nice RV park near San Antonio and there was a large group of one particular brand of higher end motor homes in there and there were so stuck up, it was to the point of funny.

We were referred to as "Trailer Trash" with our Minnie Winnie and a Jayco Designer and other nice newer trailers.. With that, the whole Texas Boomers group pulled out the pink plastic flamingos and a statement was made.

RVing is not about how much money you spend on your rig, it is about the friendship and fun you have meeting others from all over the place. I think this is one reason the Texas Boomers have done so well, we welcome anyone, regardless of age, RV type, race or anything else.

Some people and campgrounds are forgetting the real adventure in RVing.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 08-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #50

Kind of new to this site.Texas boomers huh. Well I guess I'll have to try to put together a group called the North Eastern bommers given I come from Roch NY.

Really-Texas boomers-where do I sign?.Can I join?.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #51

Hi Fleamarketer
I am new to the vintage section too.
Great people here !!
Welcome aboard!!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 08-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
fleamarkerter,

There is a group called the Noreasters....look down in the clubs and rallies section.

Ken
Old 08-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Say fleamarketer seeing that your from NY you can join the NOR'EASTERS a fun group that likes to and just enjoy having some good get togethers.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #54

Wow... I just read this whole thread and am amazed!

Do the "snoots" list on Woodalls and other sites that they're "high end"?

I'd just hate to plan a "stop" and not be let in after a long day on the road.

I think it's ok to have upscale camping areas... it's also why they make chocolate and vanilla!

I've met some of the "coach crowd" that likes to show off... I like living with the sinners rather than the saints!
Inalabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #55

Wow... I just read this whole thread and am amazed!

Do the "snoots" list on Woodalls and other sites that they're "high end"?

I'd just hate to plan a "stop" and not be let in after a long day on the road.

I think it's ok to have upscale camping areas... it's also why they make chocolate and vanilla!

I've met some of the "coach crowd" that likes to show off... I like living with the sinners rather than the saints!

LOL
I Don't care who I camp with.
Just give me a down to earth person that isn't into keeping up with the jones' and i am in heaven!!
We camped with people dh works with.It was a big show!!
At least I know if we loose ajob, we still have everything...It is paid for!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 08-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #56

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by veercan:
...At least I know if we loose a job, we still have everything...It is paid for! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, do you mean that you don't finance everything? I like the fact that we own what we own. Construction is so dangerous that if something happens and David is hurt, I know we won't have to worry about everything being repo'ed. But then I also know we can build back. Had to do it more than once for various reasons. Finally got smart and we're just too old to keep starting over. My Mom works with folks who are younger than her, yet they tell her they will not live to see their homes paid off. Also it's amazing how little it takes when you don't have to make payments on "stuff".
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote